Dump Station at Cabela's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theboomanchu

I saw a thread awhile back on this same subject with some discussion, but don't recall seeing the info I'm about to share. 

The last time we came back into town after camping, we used the dump station for their fee of $5.00, which I thought (still do) is a reasonable price.

We just went to Cabela's earlier today for something we needed and thought I'd talk to Customer Service while there.

Seems that if you make ANY purchase of any amount in the store, they will waive the dumping fee.  In addition, If you sign up for or already have a Cabela's rewards card, you get to dump for a fee of nothing!  You just have to go in, show them the card and I assume they will give you a code to punch in to the panel.

She told me this is a Cabela's nationwide policy and that every Cabela's she know of has the dump stations.

Cabelas smaller store that are often in malls usually do not have a dump station. Every one of the larger stand alone store I've been at had a dump station.

Thanks for that Info! I had no idea yet I live near Cabela's (most of the time). Besides the RV, I own a few homes including a couple in Reno, not far from the Cabela's in Verdi (next to BoomTown). Is that the Cabela's you're referring to? I am a good customer of theirs, but never asked about their RV dump. I will most likely use it the next time I take the RV out. And I do have their Visa--the black one, as I use it a lot. That 5% along with the 5% Vet discount, I get  10% off on every Cabela's purchase.

-Don-  SSF, CA

Theboomanchu said:
I saw a thread awhile back on this same subject with some discussion, but don't recall seeing the info I'm about to share. 

The last time we came back into town after camping, we used the dump station for their fee of $5.00, which I thought (still do) is a reasonable price.

We just went to Cabela's earlier today for something we needed and thought I'd talk to Customer Service while there.

Seems that if you make ANY purchase of any amount in the store, they will waive the dumping fee.  In addition, If you sign up for or already have a Cabela's rewards card, you get to dump for a fee of nothing!  You just have to go in, show them the card and I assume they will give you a code to punch in to the panel.

She told me this is a Cabela's nationwide policy and that every Cabela's she know of has the dump stations.

We have overnighted  in many Cabella's. Lehei,  Utah and Post Falls Washington come to  mind as regulars for us. 

We have stayed overnight at the Cabella's in Dundee Michigan. They have separate parking for RVs and trucks. They only started charging for dumping in the past year.

We also overnight at Cabela's often, and shop with there credit card while there. Since we use there cards we often have enough points built up to pick up a new lawn chair or other things as needed, and dump if need be.

The customer service gal said that Cabela's allows overnighting in their parking lots.  Some may charge though.  If you run across one that disallows it, it is a city ordinance, not Cabela's policy.  Rapid City has that ordinance, but probably doesn't vigorously enforce it, so a few hours to catch some ZZZ's would most likely go unnoticed.

Coming back home last april from FL, I stopped overnite at one of them on I-81 somewhere in PA and used their dump station free, whithout  buying anything.
Thank you for their hospitality.

They have a nice campground at their headquarters in Nebraska at 1 Cabela Dr, Sidney, NE 69162. We stayed there and it was cheap about $30.00 and quiet.
Bill

WILDEBILL308 said:
They have a nice campground at their headquarters in Nebraska at 1 Cabela Dr, Sidney, NE 69162. We stayed there and it was cheap about $30.00 and quiet.
Bill

When we went inside and applied for a Cabelas card, they gave us a $25 credit which we applied to the CG fee! Full hookups for $5!

There is no Cabela's on 81 in PA.  It is on 78 in Hamburg, PA, mid way between Allentown and Harrisburg.  Very large store, large lot, and pens to put your horse if you want.

Regarding fees for dumping....  The real reason for the fees is maintenance.. With "Free" dumping people stuff Stuff down the hole, Bolts, Broken bottles, Boards, this results in damage to the lift pumps, and need for plumbers to come out and purge the lines,, all messy jobs and of course the messier the job, the bigger the bill.

The modest charge is often enough to keep the brats from doing this stuff.

True story: one park I stay at had sewer issues with the main bathhouse/laundry.. Clogged drain, they Rotor Rooter man came out and removed several pounds of gravel.. The manager thought kids had flushed the gravel to be mean (I told him I did not think so as that is too much work for a lazy brat)

Sadly. I was right,  line collapsed  They line runs UNDER the building, so they had to jackhammer it out and replace it. .

1PlasticMan1 said:
There is no Cabela's on 81 in PA.  It is on 78 in Hamburg, PA, mid way between Allentown and Harrisburg.  Very large store, large lot, and pens to put your horse if you want.

Thanks PlasticMman. I would have been looking all day for it.  ;D :D ;)

Betty Brewer said:
We have overnighted  in many Cabella's. Lehei,  Utah and Post Falls Washington come to  mind as regulars for us.

post falls is in idaho. calling it  washington can cause a border war

Back
Top Bottom