Dumping RV waste into a home septic tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see that many of you have your minds made up but nonetheless, here goes.

Quaternary ammonia, the active ingredient in most tank treatment preparations, used as directed in a holding tank dumped only occasionally, won't hurt your septic tank.  The concentration won't be high enough to do anything.

Neither will chlorine bleach or other chlorine products, unless you're buying the stuff by the pallet and using a dozen jugs a day.  It reacts with organic matter to form chloramine compounds which have comparatively little antimicrobial activity.

I shall refrain from any more technical explanations since if I do I'll eventually stray into territory that will offend the forum hosts.

I purchased a macerator and a 50 foot ? inch hose for use mainly at home as the MH is shaded and easier to cool in the summer than the house. My black water usage is not high and I try to dump once a week into a drain T. I?d guess my ?dumps? to be less than 10 gallons. My gray water is just about all soapy water and is spread among the bushes, which has not attracted flies or critters so far.

Back
Top Bottom