EAA Airventure, Oshkosh, WI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob Hoover was still doing his Mustang routine, getting out that plane dressed in his business suit and tie and getting into the Shrike commander and repeating the routine, I'd watch that.

Ditto on that.  And don't forget the straw hat.

DougJ said:
I like a well executed tail slide.? Don't remember which plane was involved, but the best tail slide was about 5 lengths of the plane.

I remember years ago, Ron, when I was still freelancing for a Canadian aviation news paper as a sideline to my day job, watching a Russian jet fighter (something like an F-15 Eagle) do a tail slide at may be 1,500 to 2000 ft AGL.? I couldn't believe my eyes.? That was the year that their competitor to the C-5 Galaxie was also at the Abbotsford Airshow (come to think of it that must put it at around 1986, the year of the Vancouver Expo).? What a humongous aircraft.? Courtesy of my press credentials I got to up into the cockpit where I was so surprised to see the very rudimentary instrumentation.

But I think I'm like you: I've seen it all when it comes to aerobatics.? Mind you if Bob Hoover was still doing his Mustang routine, getting out that plane dressed in his business suit and tie and getting into the Shrike commander and repeating the routine, I'd watch that.

Sounds like a neat demonstration.  Don't remember if I ever saw him fly.

Ron

Ciao,

Doug

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThiWanderer
Back
Top Bottom