Electric brake instalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackshadow43

Hey Guys,
I just bought a 02 Chevy Suburban to pull my 30ft trail Bay  and now I am installing the brake controller ( Hopkins model #47225)
Using the wiring kit I bought to just plug into me box under the dash all I can get out of the controller is a orange light, no green light at all.
My truck does have the towing package installed on it so shouldn't everything already be wired to the box from the factory?
            Thanks
              Randy

You may need to put a fuse in the fuse block.  As I recall,  I needed to do that on my 99 GMC.

I had already tried putting the 40 amp fuse in under the hood but that didn't seem to help either. The controller is a brake force and I think I might be taking it back ,I don't like the fact the light will be staying on all the time. The one in my other truck only comes on when the trailer is connected, That way I know I have a good connection before taking off. I have been studying on these and the prodigy one seems to be the best for my money. But I still need to find out why I'm not getting a green light when I plug the trailer in.

The Prodigy is one of the best on the market and a tried & true solution. Highly recommended. Costs more than a Brake Force, but an outstanding product.

According to Brake Force, an orange light indicates a high current flow to the output. Could there be a short?

Hey Gary,
        I figured it out tonight, I had the red wire in the wrong side of the plug. Chevy has several different set ups on the connector so they leave the red wire off until you install the plug and you have to put it in the slot to fit your truck. I was putting it in for a different style truck :'(. I still will go and get the prodigy this weekend if I get the chance, call Camping World today and they have them for 119.00.
          Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom