Electrical problem in Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apadgett

I have a 1985 Yellowstone Travel Trailer.
I am plugged into my house with a 30 to 15 converter. My wife tried to turn on the A/C and now no power to anything including the outlets. No power to the fridge, A/C, microwave or outlets. I've checked all the fuses-fine, all the breakers are fine and the GFCI are fine. I also went ahead and replaced the converter plug. Still nothing. I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Have you checked on the house circuit breaker at your house panel?  Sounds to me like the load of the AC starting up popped a circuit with other loads on it.

Yes I checked that. The extension cord I use actually lights up if it's getting power to the end. And I also plugged a drill in and it worked fine.

Since you are positive you have power to the shore cord, you will have to start looking inside the trailer and checking voltages at each point. I would start at the main load center where the breakers are and see if you have 120v that far. If not, you may have burned out the wiring in the shore cord, perhaps the hot wire at the plug. It's not unusual for a wire to break or be weak there, and it burns out when the load gets heavy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xcavater
Back
Top Bottom