Electrical problem or something more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the fridge has no lights or controls, you need to verify that it is receiving 12v power (at the control board, in the back). If it is, remove the cover over the board and check the 12v fuse (one of the two is strictly for 120v heater power and not relevant to this problem).

The 120v power circuit breaker only supplies power to the fridge heater when using AC mode. The controls still run off 12v from battery or converter, so the fridge will NOT work in either AC or LP gas mode if the 12v power is lost.

I want to thank everyone for their input.  Regardless of the result, I did learn some things here I wasn't aware of!  ;D

So, up until today the RV has sat waiting but with the oncoming storm, we took the trailer to a shop to have it looked at.  I wanted to share what was found in case anyone else has the same kind of issue.
There was nothing wrong with the black "board" but when the tech traced a couple of wires that ran behind a metal shield/cover he found that there was a reset switch between them.  It's definitely not obvious to the untrained eye and he wasn't initially aware of it being there.  But, lo and behold, after hitting the switch the refrigerator is back up and running just fine.  The lady at the desk said that it might be an easy (and inexpensive) fix - she wasn't kidding.  I did pay for one hour labor, which was so much better than buying a new appliance.

Also, as noted by some people, the microwave is totally fried.  No problem - I found the same model elsewhere for 100.00 + shipping - an expense I can live with.  :)

You have a dometic Fridge.. I can tell you I looked at that reset button several times and never did see it. A Technician finally directed me to it and I figured it out.. WAS NOT my problem however.

Now on No-Colds er, NorCold.. I know where the reset is.. But that's another brand. (And I don't have one which makes it strange that I'd know where the reset is.. not really. I read a lot)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom