Eliminating pet odor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch52656

We are looking at a real nice Newmar diesel pusher, but it has a pet odor. Not urine. Is it possible to completely eliminate the odor. We gmhave another We like too. A Tiffin.

There are products you can purchase. Our son and his squeeze stayed with us for about a year with two cats. They were confined to a spare bedroom. When they left we had to take the carpet and pad out and treat the subfloor with a chemical. I installed cork flooring. It took a good while to get the smell out.

saw this product on a tv show called Ship Shape Tv. they said it's the cat's meow for removing odors in the cabin of the boats and vehicles.

STAR BRITE NosGUARD SG Auto Odor Eliminator​

Nature's miracle works really good. Use liberal amounts and let it do its work over several days. You might have to do this several times to get all the smell out. You can buy it almost any place including Walmart.

Embedded odors are almost impossible to get rid of. They permeate almost everything and getting to the root odor is tough.
Ozium does work, but not for odors deep inside cushions and carpeting. An ionizer will also help since it will penetrate the objects.
I worked at hospital and they used portable ionizers for lingering odors.
You can call one the companies that does house after a fire or flood. They have the equipment to neutralize odors.

If I had a chance to buy a "stinky" or non stinky motorhome would go 100% of the time with non smell. Maybe over time the odor will go away, but what if it never does?

We are looking at a real nice Newmar diesel pusher, but it has a pet odor. Not urine. Is it possible to completely eliminate the odor. We gmhave another We like too. A Tiffin.
Most likely a used MH already requires a professional carpet cleaning. Carpeting retains odors of any origin. Cooking odors stayed in our 5er carpeting, only a professional cleaning removed all odors and ground in dust and dirt.
I think the man charged us $300 to clean the carpeting in our 5er. he was done in about 2 hours, jumped in his van and left. Three days later the carpet was dry and ready for use, bright clean and odor free; however DW sprayed it with some protector stuff, so another days drying time added.
DIRTFT_ do it right the first time.

i have an Ozolife ozone generator and it will remove odors and kill every form of life on earth but the ozone attacks rubber so it may not be good for some components in an enclosed area.
i know if you get a whiff of it, you have that taste in your mouth for hours.

Ozium spray is effective.
I second this.

In a previous life I successfully used this to remove the smell of puke, poop, pee and general BO. I also once used it to remove the old nasty cigarette smell from an otherwise nice used car.

It's in Walmart with car wax, etc.

There are a number of commecial products not that promise to get the job done.

I have not tested but one.. and suspect may not be that good.

First step is a good and full Cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom