Emergency Road Side Service???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony Bal

We are looking for a good emergency road side service company in case we have a brake down. We are planning to go from Florida up to Maryland next weekend. Is Good Sam a good choice for this?  ???

I have not used Good Sam, I have used CoachNet for the last few years. I highly recommend them.

Tony Bal said:
We are looking for a good emergency road side service company in case we have a brake down. We are planning to go from Florida up to Maryland next weekend. Is Good Sam a good choice for this?  ???

It somewhat depends on the typed of RV you have. If a larger class A, Coachnet is highly recommended. Anything else, either Coachnet or Good Sam.

I've used both but Coach-net is my preferred choice. They have a better overall track record and they provide a tech support hotline as well as oradside service, so you can get help with problems other than breakdowns.

Coach-net is part of NMC:  http://nmc.com/services/rv.aspx

Tony Bal said:
We have a 34' Winnebago Adventurer. Would that make a difference?

A lot of people are happy with their Good Sam policies. However, most recommendations here would be for CoachNet. You get good tech support over the phone and, in a few instances, I was able to resolve a problem over the phone without a service call. CoachNet will also tow you to the nearest qualified shop, not just the nearest. I would, and have, choose CN.

Good Sam also oiffers telephone tech service. (See web site) .To me it comes down to Ford or Chevy,Boxers or briefs, etc.  Thius topic comes up every few months and always the same results.  I am sure thew junk mail red hering will come up soon.

If you are a member of WIT (Winnebago Itasca-Travelers club) or FMCA you can get a small discount from Coach-net. I believe FMCA explains how to get the discount on their web site. I don?t remember where the explanation is for WIT. In either case you have to ask for it when applying. I don?t know if that applies for Good Sam or not.

Has anyone ever used AAA RV service?  I've carried it while riding my motorcycle for several years.  It paid off a couple of years ago when I had a blow out on the camper trailer I was pulling behind the bike.  They hauled the trailer 60 miles into Bozeman WallyWorld. 

I have had and used both GS and CoachNet.  Have had good experiences with BOTH and less then desirable experiences with both.  I currently have CoachNet because I get a price break.  Remember every ERS uses contract personnel and many times they are chosen for the low bid not quality of service.

pricejh said:
Has anyone ever used AAA RV service?  I've carried it while riding my motorcycle for several years.  It paid off a couple of years ago when I had a blow out on the camper trailer I was pulling behind the bike.  They hauled the trailer 60 miles into Bozeman WallyWorld.
It used to be (and may still be) that, because AAA were a loose collection of regional offices some offered rv service and others did not. If you were traveling in an area where the local region did not support it then you were on your own. Perhaps someone with recent experience will chime in.

We have had both Coach Net and Good Sam through the years. Our experience with Coach Net has been outstanding, our experience with Good Sam has been fair to poor. We are confirmed Coach Net advocates.

I currently have AAA Rv+. If you are in a state where Rv is not supported you do have to pay and then get reimbursed when you return home. The times I have used them was excellent service etc. but it was not for my Rv. I actually signed up for the Rv to get the insurance discount through their Progressive insurance division. My rates dropped about 20% if I recall. They do have terrific benefits regarding class A towing etc but no techline like Coachnet. I am considering giving Coachnet a try when mine expires, or at least comparing the two. I do not have to be a member to keep the ins. discounts.

I went from AAA for my auto's to AAA + RV this past spring then you have to wait 10 days for it to activate. I have not used it as of yet, I figure this way I am covered for everything from one company. I am very happy with the cost for a year.

Good Sam contracts with a third-party ERS call center provider for their ERS plan. Last year for instance, they were using Road America, and this year it's Allstate Motor Club's call center that answers the phone. On the other hand, Coach-Net IS the call center provider, so at least you know who will be answering the phones and their RV expertise from one year to the next. I had service from first Good Sam and then Coach-Net, and there's no way I would go back to GS unless there was no other choice.

I have Coachnet and have used them. They were great to deal with. Very professional. They also have phone tech support if you have any technical issues that you need help with. The service is good for any vehicle you own. They had a tow truck sent to my house to haul my wife's MINI Cooper to the shop. No questions asked. A BIG thumbs up for CN.

hey im in canada and a goodsam member but i do not use goodsam because they WILL ONLY TOW U TO THE FIRST AUTHORIZED DEALER  i use AMA wich is the same as AAA in the states they will tow u ANY WHERE U WANT WITHIN 160KM OR 1OO MILES BETTER CHOICE I THINK they will sent out 2 trucks on same call if nessary no charge send out FREE GAS OR DIESEL only had to use them once still happy

GoodSam towed mine 60 miles to the dealer I chose. Was not the closest but the one I wanted. Didn't cost me anything but my signature.

Maybe in Canada its different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom