Engine Air filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2001 gas Winnebago Adventurer on Ford Chassis. During wet road conditions the air filter sucks up road spray and needs replacement. This has happened twice. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Are there any solutions other than replacing every time this happens? Has Winnebago done anything about the design flaw? Thanks for any feedback.
Ted

Hi Ted - welcome aboard!

How long have you owned the unit?  Have you contacted Winnebago Owner Relations to see if there is a solution for your issue?

This situation has been going on for years.  My '98 would suck up water by the cup full.  The fix was a plastic shroud that surrounded the entire inlet and to plug any holes other than the lower opening.  This system did work but I still carried an extra filter just in case.  Winnebago won't help but Ford should.

Don, WIT 70041

Thanks for the replys. We'll try the Ford dealers tomorrow. Unfortunately we are long out of warranty.
Ted

John Canfield said:
Hi there Mr. TTGG - welcome!

Thanks John.

I am another one of those that was on one of the other now defunct blogs.

It has been an extremely busy fall and winter and I just now getting back into what is truly important...the motorhome!

Had the tube installed today. We'll let you all know how we do next time it rains while driving. Thanks again for the input.
Ted

Check the horizontal opening that goes across the front hood area in front of the new air intake tube.  Make sure that opening doesn't line up with the top of the new air intake.  If it does, some water can again get in.  My fix for that was to put a piece of self adhering foam tape in the open area of the hood directly in front of the tube top and just long enough to keep the water out of the tube top. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom