Error code 35 on Onan generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got it.

Thanks again for helping us.

We were trying to find a way around the generator shutting down so we could see what is really going on, the after market board provided that opportunity. Sometimes you have to fly blind to see whats going on. Now we have 2 control boards we believe work just fine.

We have a harbor freight near us so we’ll try to get the kill-o-watt meter you suggest and focus on this tomorrow. We hope all we need is this adjustment! It would be nice to have a working generator when we go!

Thanks again!

We were trying to find a way around the generator shutting down so we could see what is really going on, the after market board provided that opportunity.
A couple of years ago the genny in my Y2K RV ran too fast because a pin in the carb that the linkage went to was broken. See the two rods (linkage) above the carb below (adjustments on the opposite end of those rods, but one is for the choke and the other for the genny speed):

onrightside-jpg.140242

This part below broke in mine and made it run way too fast (it would lift out of the carb, but it should NOT):
brokenlinkage-jpg.140244

But try to adjust first as I doubt above is a common failure. But if it will not adjust, this could be the reason why.

-Don- Auburn, CA

@DonTom : Thanks for hanging with us! We appreciate. When it stops raining we’ll go have a look (rv is in front yard uncovered so cold rain is stopping us right now). Hubby is hopeful!

Back
Top Bottom