European style 4-way mirror actuator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aprs

It seems the darn actuator motor is inoperative. :( Has anyone here had success in finding replacement for the actuator? Can I substitute a tractor trailer type actuator? Any assistance is appreciated.

FWIW: I was lucky to find a Hadley actuator that required some minor modifications to go in place of the inoperative motor. What a PIA to Remove and Replace.

John,
Sorry no pictures but here's a rundown:

1. The mounting for the Hadley is with 4 screws to the mirror vice the snap-ring used by Winnebago. Since the motor was exactly the same size and fit the mirror housing, I utilized the screw brackets in the new one to tie wrap it in place using the snap-ring as an anchor. She is solid in place.

2. The Hadley came with the blue/ylw wires jumped together, where as the old motor had all single wires going to it from the coach. You have to get rid of the jumper and jumper the white and black on the motor end and do not hook up the white wire from the coach end and Voila!! Everything works as advertised.

Kinda PIA to get to the motor and put it all back but hey for $40.00 and some sweat in the NC sun and elbow grease, she's back to 100%. Sure beats buying a new assembly from China or Europe for around $1000 or more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom