Excited is an understatement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet S

Hi! I'm expecting my very first RV, the class C 2017 Trend 23L, estimated to be ready for pickup in Iowa around 10/28/16, and I'm thrilled to be joining the RV traveling community! It feels like waiting for Christmas and a new addition to the family at the same time! I have spent what seems like thousands of hours reading online to learn every detail about RVing snd my new RV, but some questions seem to be hard to find answers to, especially when related specifically to the Trend.

As my date of ownership draws near I'm finally feeling more of a an "owner" than researcher, and decided it's time to join some forums for more specific and detailed first-hand information not available on blogs, how-to videos and tutorials, and product recommendations and reviews.

I've watched as many Trend videos as I can find and saved *numeous* (ha! that's conservative!) screen shots, images, yearly product .pdfs, an owners manual, and Winnebago parts catalogue to explore every virtual nook and cranny of the unit. One reason I special ordered my Trend is because of my research and then not finding my specific preferences met with RV's on the lots. I'm pleased with the additional options featured with the 2017 model, such as the dual pane acrylic windows and exterior ladder, but the 23L seems to be eclipsed by the newer 23D with twin beds and slide out and there aren't as many new 2017 23L units to choose from right now.

I'm opting for the solar addition, the additional coach battery, the upgraded vent fan, and a fabric change on the Vapor color scheme (I prefer the red Turbo curtain) plus some of the more standard dealer upgrades, like the heated drain system and the convection microwave, as well as "downgrades" (lol!) to the Aosta cherry cabinetry, omitting the dash appliqu?, and declining the smaller front TV.

Some of my preferences will have to be dealer installed (ex: the pump accumulator and silencing kit), and to save money I'll find someone locally to help me change out the galley faucet and backsplash, install built-in dinette cup holders, curtains, (I've been looking at fabric online), a seat belt / bracket on the side bench where the second one is no longer offered (to secure my dog for traveling), and some other smaller projects to personalize the Trend. (I've yet to come up with a nick name for her! TBD ?)

I apologize if this has become too long! My excitement is growing as the date of ownership draws nearer, and my RV purchases are starting to take up more temporary space in the guest room. I can't wait to start getting her ready for my maiden voyage from IL to my home state of TX for Thanksgiving. My youngest son will join us for the trip, too, so my bedding search is on! ?? I'm also prepping my home parking pad area for arrival by having some pesky overhanging black walnut limbs removed to prevent dents from heavy green walnuts, falling leaves, and stains from the ripe shell droppings from nibbling squirrels overhead!

On a personal note: my father, 83, passed away in May, and he gave me the gift of a love of travel and discovery. In 2010 we were blessed to take a father / daughter around the world National Geographic Expedition together, and my RV purchase is partly due to the realization that life is too short, and I am fortunate to have the time and resources to do this at this time in my life. My 2nd trip will be to visit my older son in Seattle. Both boys (my dad's only grandchildren) inherited adventurous spirits from their grandfather, and will join me whenever possible.

Sounds fantastic, and thanks for joining and sharing your experience (so far) and future plans!  :)  This forum is a fabulous resource, filled with RV veterans who will gladly share their wisdom of all things camping.

Feel free to browse our extensive archive, jump into any ongoing conversations, or post new questions of your own as they come up... and they WILL come up.  ;)

Hi and welcome - those doggies  look mighty excited too! Sounds like you have the perfect set up organised. Hope the pick up goes smoothly - I suggest staying a few nights at the dealer so you can try everything out to make sure it's fully funational, if you haven't thought of that already that is. Safe travels  ;D

scottydl said:
Sounds fantastic, and thanks for joining and sharing your experience (so far) and future plans!  :)  This forum is a fabulous resource, filled with RV veterans who will gladly share their wisdom of all things camping.

Feel free to browse our extensive archive, jump into any ongoing conversations, or post new questions of your own as they come up... and they WILL come up.  ;)

Thank you for your welcoming reply! I hope I'm doing this right--  please let me know if I did not reply to your reply correctly!

jackiemac said:
Hi and welcome - those doggies  look mighty excited too! Sounds like you have the perfect set up organised. Hope the pick up goes smoothly - I suggest staying a few nights at the dealer so you can try everything out to make sure it's fully funational, if you haven't thought of that already that is. Safe travels  ;D

I actually had not thought about spending a couple of nights at the dealers... great idea! Thanks!  :)

I see you said you have pesky squirrels over your driveway. I suggest you really squirrel proof your new MH. A few years ago, over the winter, squirrels got in to my brothers Jayco Class C and chewed up wiring and vacuum lines. Really made a mess of things. Happy adventures.

Back during the Nixon administration, when we got married, I was living in a SMALL trailer in a trailer park.  My lovely bride moved in with me.  It was a beautiful place with lots of mature trees.  The park was on top of a hill.  About a week into our new life, she woke up in the middle of the night, screaming a TORNADO was coming!!!  I woke up, listened for a moment, and said, it's just squirrels playing on the roof.  Go back to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom