Exodus and influx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martian

It finally happened. Another site that was basically on life support for years because of ancient unfixable code has risen from the ashes and has run straight into the sewer hookup.
That is the bad part of it. The good part may have already been realized as the good people on it have probably migrated to this and other forums. The site is now nothing more than facebook light and more of a feel good site than a useful forum like this.
Per the rules I will not say what site it is but there does not have to be much guessing to figure it out.
So sad when improving your appeal gets rid of those that got you there.

There are few sites now that's not creating a like mind mentality platform. I call this a code problem of a different kind. Any opposing point provided on a given topic gets slapped down. The only slapping that's allowed on the few forums I read now is a pat on the back attaboy . Yep,,so why bother adding any creative and non-traditional thought on any topic. So this will create a boring enviroment over time and end up in a state of decline.

Hmm, I thought sharing other forums was allowed here but not on iRV2? Color me confooshed. ; )

Ray
From the rules:

Messages which attempt to disrupt operation of the RV Forum by directing users to competing forums, groups or web sites.

well I rejoined a certain Winnebago forum on the 14th and my intro post has still not been approved. so that was pretty useless. but at least I can go back and read old posts. but my post was about if i should buy a 88 cheiftian I had found. it got sold the day before I found this 84 Itasca 22rc. at least here I am getting some feed back and good info.

Messages which attempt to disrupt operation of the RV Forum by directing users to competing forums, groups or web sites.
So are you saying that this means that no mention of another forum is allowed? That is strange as I have seen posts that mention the existence of other forums. You are really being touchy if you think that any mention of another forum is an "attempt to disrupt operation of the RV Forum."

So are you saying that this means that no mention of another forum is allowed? That is strange as I have seen posts that mention the existence of other forums. You are really being touchy if you think that any mention of another forum is an "attempt to disrupt operation of the RV Forum."
I was going to ask the same thing. So, let's all gang up on Jackie...;)

I didn't write the rules I was responding to a comment.

I think if anyone's being "touchy" it certainly isn't me!

If you want free speech, you gotta go to one of the last places, like 4chan or 8kun. But fair warning, free speech is not always pretty, and it's always chaotic.

I didn't write the rules I was responding to a comment.
No but you should read what the rule states. It doesn't forbid any mention of other forums, only attempting to direct people to them. Read the rule that you quoted. The forum that I am a moderator for has a similar rule as do most if not all forums. But there is no rule forbidding the discussion of other forums.

Last edited:
If you want free speech, you gotta go to one of the last places, like 4chan or 8kun. But fair warning, free speech is not always pretty, and it's always chaotic.
yep been on both of those sites many times, vistors beware to both of them...lol

I wonder how many other members here are on MeWe? I run a few groups on MeWe, but I have not looked for any R.V. groups on there yet, since i have not had an R.V. in years and the wife just got intrested again in traveling some in an R.V. so I am looking forward to getting our project R.V. and fixing it up and doing some boondocking since it a classic and i am sure most R.V. parks wouldn't allow us in..lol

No but you should read what the rule states. It doesn't forbid any mention of other forums, only attempting to direct people to them. Read the rule that you quoted. The forum that I am a moderator for has a similar rule as do most if not all forums. But there is no rule forbidding the discussion of other forums.
I guess it depends on your definition of directing.

What is the meaning of "Is" ,? who cares. If I get a reply removed, its no biggie. For their effort, at least the moderators are being paid around 500 bucks a day, I heard anyway ;)to herd cats here for their effort. Been there, done that , got a bunch of grey hairs and wrinkles in the process.

Last edited:
When this sort of thing happens on Facebook it is called “Vague-booking” meaning you post something really vague then wait for people to say “Oh what happened?” Pretty juvenile. Note that there was a mention of a Winnebago forum in the comments and nothing happened because it was generic enough. Couldn’t Martian have done something similar instead of posting something the vast majority of us have no idea about? And then everybody attacking Jackie because she posted the rules. Don’t agree? Take it up with Tom, but I assume there has been a lot of back path discussion among moderators about what that rules means. And no private entity has any compulsion to allow unfettered speech. Read the Ammendment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom