Extend-A-Stay type of LPG connectors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THat looks like the modern "Extend-a-stay" equivlent. Other than the ACME outlet on the "T" it's what I have (Mine is POL) .

Today's fun was fixing the exhaust pipe on the generator .. Pulling out something snagged it and the last six inches (Hanger strap there) got bent rather bad. So I cut it off (7 1/2 inch rotary cut off wheel and saw) and went to the muffler shop he made me an "Extension" to replace the part I cut off. Sadly the large end was a few THousands too small and I could not get it over the existing pipe.

So I broke out the propane torch. HOT the large end got.... larger.... SLipped on easily  I put a clamp on it but frankly. I do not think that was needed 'cause when those pipes become the same temp.. that joint is going to be as strong and sealed as if it was welded.  Worked out perfect.

Now all we need to do is get the new slide motor.. Looks like it won't come in in time to put it in for hte next move so once more I'll need to use the "Armstrong" (or leg strong in this case) method.

As an update to our side conversation about brass caps for the male POL fittings. 
Anyone who is coming to Quartzsite this winter and wants one of those caps, the RV Pit Stop on 95 has them in stock for $4.50.  She didn't look at me crazy when I asked for one, and knew exactly what I was going to do with it. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom