Extended Warranty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

I just purchase a used 2015 passport 2890RL. The factory warrant is expired. Should I purchase one of the extended warranties that are
offered by companies such as Wholesale Warranties Inc? Any assistance/ advice is appreciated.
Thanks 

Unfortunately extended warranties are usually not worth the paper they are written on

Not on a trailer. Diesel pusher? Maybe, if you can get a warranty that would be suitable. And yes, some extended warranties are worth having.

Aaron k said:
Unfortunately extended warranties are usually not worth the paper they are written on
That's just not true. I have an extended warranty from Wholesale Warranties on my class A and they have been great to work with. I'm not sure if you need an extended warranty on a travel trailer (others on here can help you with that), but if you were to buy one I would recommend Wholesale Warranties. My contract has paid for itself in less than three years.

That's why I put the "usually" in there. I'm sure there are some good ones in there. I'm in the automotive industry where extended warranties are a total waste of money.

Trailers...If you are very handy with DIY projects and troubleshooting then put the $$$$ for a service plan aside for those big jobs like a fridge, A/C and tires. Otherwise use the gurus here for help and "fix whats broke" yourself. Make sure you take care and inspect that rubber roof often.

Big diesel pusher,,, why not have someone else get dirty, you can probably afford the insurance plan.

Just my 2 cents 

Cheers

Thank you everyone for the advice. `It seems like the warranty is a waste of
money for a travel trailer. That's kind of what I thought but wanted some
experienced advice. I can always count on the RV Forum for help.
Thanks again  8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom