Extra forward bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie Two Tracks

I am thinking of making an extra bedroom in our MH. We have a 95 Winnebago Brave 27'. It was plenty big enough for Cindy and I but a few years ago we started raising our granddaughter. We have been taking the dinette set down each night but that really is a pain at times. Our granddaughter is 13 and what I would like to do is make a bedroom out of the front seats. If I could cut a piece of plywood to fit across the front seats and put an air mattress on it and then I would like to hang a curtain behind the seats so that it is more private for her. I am sure that someone has tried this but I don't even know what to put in the search box to find out.

Charlie, here's an easier option for your consideration:

The front chairs turn around to face toward the rear. Having rode the AMTRAK overnight in a sleeper gave me this idea. Make the dinette into her bedroom. You can curtain it off by adding a pillar with tracking on the aisle corner closest to the front. You still have storage underneath and overhead and a permanent single air mattress she can tilt up during the day or sit beside with a light already there. Buy TV trays for eating. If she has a friend over she can sit across from her. :) This is a lot easier and will keep more of an open feeling.

http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/globalElements/brochure/previous-models/1995/winnebago/95-Brave-bro.pdf

Our old Southwind had a bed over the front seats that pulled down when needed could sleep two people. You might try one of the salvage places. It was from a 1984 not sure of the year range they did it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom