Favorite Motorhome??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WiJeff

Hi all!
  We are looking at purchasing a class A motorhome (used) and were wondering if anyone has or had a favorite that had good livibility (is that a word?) and good construction that held up well with few problems. In other words  ;D.... What do you think are the best Class A's out there for fulltiming?  Thanks, Jeff  ???

WiJeff said:
Hi all!
  We are looking at purchasing a class A motorhome (used) and were wondering if anyone has or had a favorite that had good livibility (is that a word?) and good construction that held up well with few problems. In other words   ;D.... What do you think are the best Class A's out there for fulltiming?  Thanks, Jeff   ???

American Coach, Tiffin, Country Coach, Newmar, and Monaco are among the better coaches new or used.  I am sure they all provide great factory support and service.

Coaches I personally would not consider are Gulfstream or Thor products.  JMHO

Bluebird Wanderlodge. Any coach built of steel has my vote.Ernie- wishing diesel would go down so I can USE my coach

Ron:
You listed the cream of the crop.  All else fall well below the bar.
JMHO

Joe Bee said:
Ron:
You listed the cream of the crop.  All else fall well below the bar.
JMHO

Joe

Ron forgot to list Travel Supreme also which is on par with the best.

:D  Hey Thanks Everyone!!  I appreciate all the tips and help I can get. Makes looking so much easier. PLEASE...Keep them coming.  Jeff :)

WiJeff said:
Hi all!
  We are looking at purchasing a class A motorhome (used) and were wondering if anyone has or had a favorite that had good livibility (is that a word?) and good construction that held up well with few problems. In other words  ;D.... What do you think are the best Class A's out there for fulltiming?  Thanks, Jeff  ???

A Bluebird Wanderlodge, built like a tank and with excellent quality.

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce, Fulltimers

bar20 said:
You forgot Foretravel. ;)

NO I did NOT forget Foretravel.  When we were shopping we went through the Foretravel factory.  They flunked as far as we were concerned.  Oh we were very impressed just not favorably impressed. Foretravel was one of the top three on our list of possible coaches for us till we took the factory tour then it dropped clear off the list. We would not recommend a Foretravel to anyone.  Again personal choices.

Ron, you are in the very minority. In fact you are the first person I have met that didn't like Foretravel, most just can't afford one. However I respect your opinion.

bar20 said:
Ron, you are in the very minority. In fact you are the first person I have met that didn't like Foretravel, most just can't afford one. However I respect your opinion.

Like I said Foretravel was in the top 3 on our list till we took the factory tour and seen several things we did not like that could not be seen on the finished product.  I have meet several that feel the same but probably the same number that do not feel the same as we do.  Again personal choices.

Bar20,

We suggest that people tour coach factories because that's REALLY where you see the quality of construction.  You haven't a clue about how well a coach is built when looking at one on a dealer's lot.  What you see there may be surface blemishes and all coaches might have some of them, but what really counts is what cannot be seen on the surface.  We haven't taken the Foretravel tour, but we've toured the Safari and Beaver (before they were bought by Monaco), Monaco, Alpine, Country Coach, Marathon, and Winnebago factories.  Anytime you're getting ready to pay the kind of money a motorhome costs, and especially a high-end one, then going to some factories should be part of your homework prior to making any financial commitment.

ArdraF

Ron I took Foretravels tour 9 years ago and was disappointed.  Took it again 4 years ago and got the same result and told them what I thought both times.  Deaf ears.

Shayne said:
Ron I took Foretravels tour 9 years ago and was disappointed.  Took it again 4 years ago and got the same result and told them what I thought both times.  Deaf ears.

Probably no more disappointed than we were.  We did not even have a desire to go the second time.

I thought 5 yrs  later and the way they advertise them, that they would. Lot of helter skelter there.

Fleetwood makes a wide range of products. American Coach, which was first on Ron's list, is their high end brand of coaches. That doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with the remainder of Fleetwood's product line. Several of us here, including Ron, have previously enjoyed RVs further down the Fleetwood line, but they're not in the same class as the ones Ron listed.

The above is a bit of a generalization because there are overlaps between product lines and, for example, Monaco has a range of products, some of which are not in the same class as American Coach or the higher end Monaco coaches.

Back
Top Bottom