Favorite television commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchmenSport

Although television commercials are very annoying, sometimes there really are some pretty good entertaining ones. The Budweiser Clydesdale horse commercials have been my favorites for years, some of the M&M's commercials too. And don't forget the really fun "Geico" commercials .... squirl in the road, hump-day-hump-day.

But a new one has appeared that I absolutely enjoy now. For the moment ... it's my favorite. I actually don't mind watching it. Also, when this one comes on, my dog starts barking at the screen, she think she's barking at a big doggie!

What is it, it's the Amazon Commercial .... Lama!

Do you have a favorite?

My favorite was an AT&T wireless commercial with puppies on a hovercraft. Some ads are remembered for how annoying they are and some for the creativity that makes you smile.

Think Small...

Probably about 1960.

When I bought a new 1970 Squareback, included in the package was a neat hardbacked book (which I still have) with this theme.

I also thought that their Snowplow commercials were rather neat. This one was from 1964:

In the early 1990s I had a full time business selling sports cards. One day Tony Gwynn stopped by my booth and got really embarrassed when his friend bought a few of Tony's cards from me. Tony told his friend that baseball cards were for kids, not adults. Tony's friend didn't listen to him and bought the cards from me anyway. Less than a year later he was hired by Topps as a company spokesman. His commercial ran on every MLB broadcast for years.

Then a few years later Upper Deck hired him for the same position.

In the early 1990s I had a full time business selling sports cards. One day Tony Gwynn stopped by my booth and got really embarrassed when his friend bought a few of Tony's cards from me. Tony told his friend that baseball cards were for kids, not adults. Tony's friend didn't listen to him and bought the cards from me anyway. Less than a year later he was hired by Topps as a company spokesman. His commercial ran on every MLB broadcast for years.

Then a few years later Upper Deck hired him for the same position.

I bought a sports card store in 1992. Probably one of the bigget mistakes of my life. That was about the time the card companies were flooding the market, causing the industry to go downhill.
I tried to make a go of it for close to three years. I came very close to bankruptcy and divorce before I went back to work in my former job in Alaska and sold the store

DW and my favorite ad is an Amazon where a Senior lady buys three foam pads for all of them to go sledding down a snow packed hill, with smiles on their faces.
We just have to stop and watch it every time it comes on.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom