Feeling a bit stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irvsiegel

It's time for me to get some feedback regarding how stupid I've been, if at all.  (Just regarding *this* topic, please.)

I brought my Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N into Hansel RV for some warranty work, among other things.  I told them that the rear speakers for the radio/CD player weren't working.  They called me today and said that I didn't *have* rear speakers!  I could swear (and did) that the salesman who sold me this vehicle *demonstrated* the rear speakers to me.  I'll call both the dealer and Fleetwood tomorrow to find out if I'm crazy or not, but I thought that someone here might have the specialized knowledge to say that rear speakers are standard on this coach, or if they are an option. 

Irv (living in embarrassment, hoping for a graceful way out)

Irv,

The term 'rear speakers' has more than one connotation, which might be contributing to the confusion. On our coach, we have two speakers in the rear (bedroom) of the coach. Separately, we have 5 speakers associated with the surround sound system up front; A center (front) speaker, left and right (front) speakers and two rear speakers. In this 5-speaker system, 'rear' refers to the two speakers located behind us when we watch the front TV. Some sound systems are not surround sound and do not have the two rear speakers.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

Tom said:
Irv,

The term 'rear speakers' has more than one connotation, which might be contributing to the confusion. On our coach, we have two speakers in the rear (bedroom) of the coach. Separately, we have 5 speakers associated with the surround sound system up front; A center (front) speaker, left and right (front) speakers and two rear speakers. In this 5-speaker system, 'rear' refers to the two speakers located behind us when we watch the front TV. Some sound systems are not surround sound and do not have the two rear speakers.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

I'm not too concerned with where the rear speakers are actually located.  The radio/CD player has a control for treble, bass, left/right, and forward/rear.  When the rear position is selected no sound comes out of anywhere.  I believe that we were told that the rear speakers were located in the bedroom.

Irv

Irv,

I was merely suggesting that what you think are rear speakers may not be what the repair shop thinks are rear speakers.

Like Tom's our rear speakers for the in dash radio are in the bedroom.  Look at your ceiling and see if there are speaker grills anywhere aft of the living room.

We also have a switch to turn those bedroom speakers on/off.

Tom said:
We also have a switch to turn those bedroom speakers on/off.

So do we, we turn the radio off :)  Actually, we haven't played the in dash radio for a long time.  When parked, we use the home theater and when traveling, Lorna may listen to her iPod and I may play some music on the notebook computer.

Same/similar here Ned. We'll often have one of the MP3 players plugged into the surround system as we go down the road. The in-dash radio is really wasted on us; It has Sirius Radio built in, but we use a separate XM receiver.

My mention of the speaker switch (we actually have separate switches for front and rear speakers operating from the dash radio) was merely to alert Irv in case he has a switch and doesn't know. One of the switches is 'hidden' inside a cabinet.

Last week I was listening to some good jazz on XM while working on the 'puter. Deeply involved in what I was doing, I didn't notice it when there was no sound any more. Paused for a cup of coffee and thought "Hmmm..., that's strange" (the silence). Went to check it out and the word "Antenna" was displayed on the XM. Took about 10 seconds to discover that Hercule, The Attack Cat, had gotten into the overhead and neatly chewed through the antenna coax :p

Tough to receive XM signals without an antenna Karl. Time to have a serious talk with Hercule  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom