fifth wheel hitches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rs3071

does any body have a B&W fth wheel hitch are they any good I'm looking for a hitch to pull 34 foot fifth wheel and I'm willing to pay for quality, after I hit mid life years I have learned that any thing cheap always ends up costing way more than what, seemed like a lot of money

I have the B&W and love it.  Head pivots 4 ways and when the jaws are locked and the level is pined your ready to go.  It was my only choice that I wanted.  I'm pulling a 38.5 ft with it and a 30 ft before and have never had a problem with the hitch.  I have a friend that has the same hitch and the other day he went to take the hitch out and one of the bolts broke.  He called B&W and they sent a complete "U" bolt set out second day NO CHARGE. 

There are a lot of B&W owners around here in Eastern Kansas, and even my BIL put under bead mount in for his gooseneck livestock trailers and also with the intent of upgrading to a fifth wheel from a TT in a couple of years.

Another reason I like B&W is that the owner last year instead of laying off his workers due to the slowing in the RV industry, he payed them and had them working around town doing community service.  One of the local TV stations, go wind of it and did a segment on him. 

I had the Companion 5er hitch and really liked it. I had to get rid of it because of a compatibility issue that B&W said there is with the Sidewinder pin box. I had no problems with it and would not hesitate to get another if it would work for me in my next situation. I still have the B&W turnoverball gooseneck, just a different hitch that adapts to it. There are a few other mfgs. that make hitches to mate with the B&W turnoverball gooseneck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom