Finally! Ready to buy our first MH.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittthomas

We've got it narrowed down to (3):

1996 26' Fleetwood Flair w/ 64k miles

1998 32' Georgie Boy Swinger w/ 48k miles

1990 30' Fleetwood Bounder w/ 42k miles

All have similar floor plans that fit our family perfect. The Flair and the Swinger are both priced around $6k OBO with the Bounder coming in at $3.5k.

The Bounder needs work. There is water damage that has "rolled" the outside shell and vinyl on the driver's side area. The rear tires need to be replaced (qty of 4) and some other minor things. The Flair and Swinger are pretty much turn key to an extent.

I guess the main question is, should I put the extra $3k into the Bounder I would save by buying it or should I just go with the "turn keys" I could possibly get for a little less than $6k?

Thanks!

Forget the Bounder - it's a money pit. And won't be as good as the others even after pouring money into it. RVs improved quite a bit between 1990 and 1996-1998. I would opt for the GB Swinger unless the Flair is distinctly better condition..

I'd agree with eliminating the Bounder in favor of one of the others. We had a 1996, 22 foot Flair and found it to be really a nice starter rig. We also had a later model Georgie boy and found it to be really well designed. Pick the one in the best condition.

Ernie

I vote to forget the Bounder, and seriously consider the other two. Make a "like list" for each one and see which list has more options to your liking.

I bought a 1994 Fleetwood 5 years ago, I've spent money on repairs and upgrades over the years and I've been fulltiming with NO sticks and bricks home for 5+ years now.

So far it's been worth every penny spent and I am having an absolute blast!  ;D

Buying old and used, you can seriously get a lot of bang for the buck.

Good luck! ;)

Back
Top Bottom