Fire Wave - Valley of Fire State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raytronx

Had a chance to visit the amazing Fire Wave in Valley of Fire State Park, pretty incredible place.  :)
More photos are on my blog (link in signature line).

Ray

Attachments

• Firewave2.jpg
    Firewave2.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 92
  • firewave4.jpg
    firewave4.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 71
  • ValleyofFire24.jpg
    ValleyofFire24.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ValleyofFire27.jpg
    ValleyofFire27.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 70
I love Valley of Fire - one of the best State Parks around...amazing scenery, great hikes, good campground and just a wonderful place! I will be there in a few weeks! Maybe tomorrow....

Love the place!

Great pictures....where exactly were these taken? Is this in the "Beehives"...I love that area!!!

Jim

Wigpro said:
I love Valley of Fire - one of the best State Parks around...amazing scenery, great hikes, good campground and just a wonderful place! I will be there in a few weeks! Maybe tomorrow....

Love the place!

Great pictures....where exactly were these taken? Is this in the "Beehives"...I love that area!!!

Jim

It's Fire Wave out near Duck Rock and White Domes. At the last parking area there is a .6 mile trail down to it.

raytronx said:
It's Fire Wave out near Duck Rock and White Domes. At the last parking area there is a .6 mile trail down to it.

Thanks I will make a point of going there this trip...I love exploring that place and the photo ops are astounding!!

Appreciate the help!!!

Jim

Wigpro said:
Thanks I will make a point of going there this trip...I love exploring that place and the photo ops are astounding!!

Appreciate the help!!!

Jim

No problem, glad to help. make sure your batteries are well charged and your storage cards empty.  ;D

raytronx said:

Well I can honestly say this must be a new trail as it is not even on their map or handouts and without your directions (albeit wrong) I would have missed it. It is NOT the last parking lot, but the NEXT TO THE LAST! At the last parking lot is the White Dome area and a 1.2 mile hike, which I did before talking to a ranger and he directed me back to the other parking lot and the trail across the road....well, by the time I did the second walk in soft sand, I was beat and it was hot, but the trip was worth every step. I have not processed all my photos but I did manage a couple which I will put here!

Thanks for directing me to discover this place and I will go back and spend more time there soon, I was pressed for time on a road trip from AZ to Salt Lake for some medical tests and could not linger too long. Still took a hundred or so shots...

Thanks again,

Jim

Attachments

• P3175119Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    P3175119Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P3175155Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    P3175155Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 45
  • P3175159Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    P3175159Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
Wigpro said:
Well I can honestly say this must be a new trail as it is not even on their map or handouts and without your directions (albeit wrong) I would have missed it. It is NOT the last parking lot, but the NEXT TO THE LAST! At the last parking lot is the White Dome area and a 1.2 mile hike, which I did before talking to a ranger and he directed me back to the other parking lot and the trail across the road....well, by the time I did the second walk in soft sand, I was beat and it was hot, but the trip was worth every step. I have not processed all my photos but I did manage a couple which I will put here!

Thanks for directing me to discover this place and I will go back and spend more time there soon, I was pressed for time on a road trip from AZ to Salt Lake for some medical tests and could not linger too long. Still took a hundred or so shots...

Thanks again,

Jim

Oops. sorry! Glad you found it anyway. Great shots.

raytronx said:
Oops. sorry! Glad you found it anyway. Great shots.

Sorry!!! I was about to die by the time I got back to the truck....drank all my water on the first hike and figured I could do the .6 without - well it was just short of 100 degrees in the sun and that last hill up to the road on the return in the soft sand was a killer! But well worth the effort. I will try and process a few more shots today and tomorrow and see if I got any really great ones...I want to go back and see it in the early morning and late afternoon light. Maybe on my way out of Arizona I will stop there and camp a couple days and make that happen, it really is amazing to see the variations in color and I can only imagine what it will be at almost sunset, need to study the angle of the sun by date and pick a good one!

Thanks again...

Jim

Perhaps a Valley of Fire / Death Valley Rally is in order ? We'll be there Feb 2015

Wendy

I really enjoyed these -- thanks so much for posting! I love the areas where any direction you point a camera and set things up, winners happen . . .  :)

Wow! Another awesome place I didn't even know it existed!

Thanks for sharing the great photos and letting us know about this place. I hope we'll have the opportunity to check it out sometime.

-Roni

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom