First 5th wheel electrical upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scycle

I have a 2017 Jayco 5th wheel that is stock 30A with one lead acid battery and working on upgrading to lithium and portable solar to start. I have basic electrical knowledge, more 120V than 12V , but all things DIY. I have a diagram created from others seen online and modified per suggestions from others, but still have questions so looking for experienced input. I decided to use individual components instead of the Victron Multiplus or similar for ease of replacement or changing if necessary although Victron is a good product, but it's also a great way to learn.

My questions revolve around the RV panel, converter/charger, powering 12V side and transfer switch. Some explanation first about this is the charger is not lithium compatible and the replacement is a constant 14.6V which is not optimum charge profile, hence the separate charger. I decided on a manual transfer switch instead of automatic for reliability, but it would be wired the same as the GoPower TS30 ATS.

Grounding is not shown, but I'm researching that now and want to do it correctly and need to look at how the factory grounding is done to incorporate that.

I've purchased the inverter, the Lynx and some smaller components but wanted to finalize the diagram before proceeding. Any suggestions are appreciated-thank you.

Attachments

• schematic.png
    schematic.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 4
Let me suggest that you visit and contact Chad Heiser Solar RV site as he is an expert and is happy to advise his fellow RV owner. He told me that he is as busy as he wants to be now so is happy to assist those who wish to do it themselves.
Thank you-I will contact him. I briefly viewed the website and after I look at the resources he has there I'll get in touch with him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom