First ever road trip in our first ever coach....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sooooo jealous. Have a great time, first thing to do when you get to warm weather.....clean that nasty salt off!

The best advice I can give you for getting out of MI is go SLOW like 55mph max even if the roads look good.  Much slower if they don't.
This IMO this includes when you get to the warmer states.  Reaching GA or FL doesn't mean you go 70+ because there is no snow.
When I came down I averaged 55-58mph all the way.  Again this is MO (my opinion) but you want to arrive without any issues
and the slower you go - within reason - the better your chances to arrive happy even if it takes a few hours longer.

Right now FL (central area) is running about 10? above normal temps - Finally as I experienced freezing temps in Jan.
and only have motorcycles to get around on.  Running the furnace was not what I was expecting to do.

However since your coming down late in the season they shoudn't have any freezing temps for you which I know you'll love.

I'll PM you my phone # and you can call me and if your going to be on I75 I could meet you at a rest area etc if your interested.

I remember our first trip. It started seven years ago in Lakewood CO. We have not found where we are going yet.

Alpena Jeff said:
Actually we have a house rented for the month of March in Cape Coral. This went down before we bought the coach. We have some reservations in April in St. Augustine, savannah and Charleston.

March and April are beautiful down here if you like warm weather. It should be in the mid to upper 80's. Enjoy!

Pick a dry day, get up and on the road early, and head south as fast as you can before it snows!  (I am from Michigan, also.) 

You may have problems finding open campgrounds until you get to southern TN, so take a half tank of fresh water with you in case you have to boondock and need to do things like flushing the toilet.  Campgrounds in the north that usually have water and sewer hookups often close those even if the campground itself is open during the winter. 

JudyJB said:
Pick a dry day, get up and on the road early, and head south as fast as you can before it snows!  (I am from Michigan, also.) 

You may have problems finding open campgrounds until you get to southern TN, so take a half tank of fresh water with you in case you have to boondock and need to do things like flushing the toilet.  Campgrounds in the north that usually have water and sewer hookups often close those even if the campground itself is open during the winter.
I hear ya JudyJB. Our coach is in storage at my brothers place in Richmond MI. It is fully winterized so I plan on leaving it that way until our second night on the road, likely TN somewhere. 1st night I expect will be a hotel just north of Cincinnati. We have a commitment on Thursday the 22nd so we will leave on Friday.
We're kinda stuck and at the mercy of the weather.
Next year when we head west the plan is to depart right after Christmas. Subject to change but we hope not!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom