First meal in TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs jarhead

We went to get our new TT last week.  Everything went great.  The dealership provided, for anyone who wants to use it, a camping area to try out your rig before you bring it home.  We decided to spend the night and everything went great.  We wanted to go out for dinner that night so I only brought a bag of microwave popcorn, cokes, water, and beer.  The weather was very bad so we decided not to unhitch and go out. To make a long story short, our first night in our TT our dinner was popcorn, coke and beer.  First lesson learned, don't leave home without food!  We are still laughing about it!

Sounds like a great first meal to me - Cokes, popcorn and beer. Oh wait, you needed dessert ! You'll always remember your first meal in the TT. Enjoy many more.

Wendy

Congrats on your new TT. Look at the bright side, the microwave worked, that's a good sign! You had the most important staple/desert; beer! Enjoy for many years to come and let us know how the meals progress as time goes by. LOL

Beer is one of the basic food groups, right?  And popcorn goes well with it!

Didn't even get the new TT home yet and you've already had one priceless moment. And it gets better as you go along!

I would like to suggest you keep a log, and try to write in it every time you use the TT. Years down the road, you'll have an incredible source of stories, memories, and things you've forgotten along the way.

Congrats and happy trails!

Joe

1joester2 said:
I would like to suggest you keep a log, and try to write in it every time you use the TT. Years down the road, you'll have an incredible source of stories, memories, and things you've forgotten along the way.

Not only you, but also your kids. Right now, I'm reading my Mom's journals back when they were my age and full-timing. It's a lot of fun and Mom and Dad and I enjoy talking about their travels andplaces we've all visited 30 years apart.

Wendy

I take it you are the wife of a marine.As an ex-marine,I mean former marine,there are many times when I would have killed,I mean begged for that meal.Semper Fi. ;D

Our first meal in our 5w was McDonalds that my wife picked up on the way home from the dealer. It was raining horribly that day as well she drove the explorer and went to a drive through while I backed it in the driveway and leveled in the pouring rain. we sat at the dinette and ate the togo order and talked about what all we needed to put in the camper and where we would store it.  We still talk and laugh about that first meal in our New camper!

We had our first meal in the trailer in an rv park beside a river. I bbq'ed some chops and she made a salad. It certainly was special, we had a toast with Appleton's.  ;D

I can't remember the first meal we had in our Class C. It must not have been as special as Coke, Beer, and popcorn.

Our first meal in the Sightseer was turkey that I roasted at home and took with us to heat up in the mircowave. It was Thanksgiving. That night, it got down to 22 degrees and the furnace quit working.

It's probably the weirdest meals that you remember the most.

Enjoy
Wendy

That first meal is very special. My other half cooked our Thanksgiving turkey one year on a rotisserie on our boat. Everyone was coming off their boats, dressed to whatever in preparation for their formal restaurant dinner, but lured by the smell of rotisserie turkey. Chris and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner afloat.

FWIW Chris and I are naturalized US citizens, and have celebrated Thanksgiving in different parts of the world over the years. Some years we were at home, some years we were in the RV, some years we were afloat. No matter where we were, Chris and I celebrate our arrival in our new land (that was in 1980). One memorable Thanksgiving dinner was at the Harbour Hotel in Hong Kong. A 6-course meal, and the turkey was sliced to almost translucency.

Our weirdest Thanksgiving was Key West. We were in the Vanagon and drove to a local dive that had a buffet. We had roast turkey, conch chowder, key lime pie and a lot of lovely fresh fruit....while wearing shorts and tank tops.

I love Thanksgiving.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Not only you, but also your kids. Right now, I'm reading my Mom's journals back when they were my age and full-timing. It's a lot of fun and Mom and Dad and I enjoy talking about their travels andplaces we've all visited 30 years apart.

Wendy

That's so cool.  I keep a "little black book" for the heck of it.  The thoughts of someone reading it 30 years from now are comical.

[quote author=Wendy]...while wearing shorts and tank tops.[/quote]

That's what Betty might term TMI  ;D

I will definitely get me a little black book......We will no doubt get a kick out of it years from now.....I can't wait for our first real camping trip.  I'm starting to stock the TT with supplies now.  We still have the grill to buy and a few more things.  Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we can get out of here for a few day.

[quote author=Tom]....have celebrated Thanksgiving in different parts of the world over the years.[/quote]

One year we were in Maui, which doesn't come alive until the week after Thanksgiving. I can't believe that the only place open in Maui on Thanksgiving day is Macdonalds!

One year we were in the UK for Thanksgiving. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving per se (they've been in their land for a few thousand years), but rather celebrate the day the ship left Plymouth. Try getting a Thanksgiving meal there, but somehow Chris figured something out.

You wouldn't get anything special down this way either Tom, nobody that I know celebrates it other than it appearing on the calendar of some churches.

While we obviously have lots to be thankful for we don't have a special day, or even a nice long weekend, to help us celebrate it.

Ian,

Don't you celebrate the day(s) that Aussies-to-be were shipped off to a convict colony  ???

No Tom, the closest to that would be Australia Day, January 26th. The day the Colony of New South Wales was declared and the day the British decided to ignore the Aboriginal peoples and declare the country to be empty of civilisation. In New Zealand the British recognised the locals and set up a Treaty in order to take over the country.

There are voices calling for Australia Day to be shifted to other days more appropriate such as when Federal Parliament first opened; "The First Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia was opened at the Melbourne Exhibition Building on 9 May 1901. The new King of England, Edward VII, sent his son and heir, the Duke of Cornwall and York, to Australia as his representative."

So no, there isn't any celebration for the departure from the Mother Country.

Back
Top Bottom