First time RV-USA from Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vaughn & Gail

Hi my name is Gail, in 12 wks I'm landing in LA with a chunk of money to buy an RV and travel for 4 months with my family. We're after a Class C or possibly Class B if sleeps 4 and enough space. I'm wondering if California is a bad place to buy tax-wise? Should we by outside the state? Thanks

:) Hi Gail,  I think we talked this morning.  Good luck in your quest.  It sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Janice

California taxes vary by city and county; Here's a table of sales taxes. Additionally there are the CA costs of vehicle registration. Nevada has no sales tax and lower registration fees; See here. I haven't compared Arizona costs, but see here for AZ registration.

Hi,  It must be contagious? ..... We are from Perth WA, recently retired; and we too are going to the USA to buy a RV motorhome and spend 4 months in the Southern States in July 2012.
we may bump into each other at a RV lot

Hi Kevxxxx,
Haha Yes seems like it's the Aussie US summer migration. I'm sure we'll bump into lots of people from home, make sure you put a flag in the window of your RV :) We have bought one in California online so hope when we arrive all will go smoothly, fingers crossed!! Did you buy one yet? I can highly recommend our guy in Orange County (near Anaheim), he gave us lots of references of Aussies who'd bought from him and I called them all. All the best, have a fantastic trip xxx

Spot on
Aussie US summer this year. I am leaving Sydney May 7th. Picking my RV from Illinois and slowly moving to YNP and Montana. Have 3 months free for this.
Keep posting where you are during the trip. Maybe we will bump to each other.

Kevxxxx,

Just for information, our southern states (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tenn, Mississippi) are very hot and humid in July.  In the South west, (Arizona, New Mexico and the deserts of So. California) it is VERY hot, but not humid.

Marsha~

Feel free to contact us if you come thru the Dallas Fort Worth area...
glad to help in any way - even with a regular size shower in our home if need be :)

FYI, set up a blog and keep us updated of your travels !

I am in Wisconsin now slowly moving to YNP. Hope to hear from my Australian RV friends experiences.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom