First time using Cat Scales...anything I need to know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to all for 'weighing' in on the subject (pun intended) ......Carl L, I printed a copy of the weighing instructions you refered to, thanks!

Monday is the big day ...I'll report back! ;D

pourme said:
Thanks to all for 'weighing' in on the subject (pun intended) ......Carl L, I printed a copy of the weighing instructions you refered to, thanks!

Monday is the big day ...I'll report back! ;D

One note:  Those instructions were based on a single plate scale.  You will need to adjust them for a multiple plate scale.  Should make matters fast actually.

JST4FUN said:
On one of our early loaded runs several months ago, we stopped at a weigh station at the state border. They were very helpful and gave me a complete printout showing front and rear weights and combined weight. I had pulled on a CAT scale earlier but couldn't reach the talk box! I will say the weigh station wasn't busy when we stopped!

You were lucky you were not over weight or they would have shut you down until you unloaded enough weight to get below your coaches max weights.

I wouldn't go across and "state" scales as now they see what your weight is. Them guys can be problem for you.
Can scales are what are called multi axle scales and they are 70 to 80 feet long, have 3 separate platforms so a semi truck can weigh steers, drives and trailers. If you find a individual owned station that has a truck scale they are cheaper. Mainly truck stops have multi axle scales... any place else you go they are straight weight scales.
Cat Scales and Interstate Scales are the same people now. When i say Interstate i don't mean state owned scales. Flying J are also now Cat Scales even though the signs are now changed out yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom