First trip, same problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terier

First off I have to say that I love my first trip out in my trailer!  Overall everything went well.  I encountered the same problem with the electric tongue jack blowing fuses and had to replaced the fuse when hitching up.  I kept the Yukon attached since it was only an overnight trip.  Found out that the microwave oven does not work but the heater in the trailer works great!  I found the replacement mattress to be so comfortable unlike the futton mattress that came in the trailer.

I made previous arrangements to drop the trailer off at the dealership today to get something done next week under warranty.  When the guy was unhitching the trailer he had to replace the fuse twice.  I think he has a good sense that there is a problem.  He said something about the jack being broken.

Take care,
Terie

Some trailers have a switch that turns off the microwave and turns on the water heater. You might check to see if you have that type of switch.

My first tongue jack when I had a travel trailer blew a couple fuses and then quit altogether. I found when hand cranking it that it made a strange noise and turned hard. Also the cover for the hand crank hole had some rust on it. I took the top off and found the gears chewed up and dry, even though it was new. They hadn't put any grease in it for the gears. The place I bought it replaced it for me.

Yesterday they said the problem was the wiring.  Turns out it should be wired for a relay not a 30 amp fuse.  Today the dealership called and said that they were changing out & upgrading the tongue jack.  Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

I should know within a few days if that problem is fixed or not.  As for the microwave oven - it worked fine at the dealership (of course).  Jeremy was able to cook oatmeal in it.  I have no idea why it didn't work for me or my sister-in-law who has about 5 years experience with a fifth wheel.  We even got out the manual to trouble shoot.  It doesn't make sense since I had full hook-ups.  Would it make a difference if the hook-ups were 30 not 50 amps?  Someone said something about having the coffeemaker on at the same time.

30 or 50 amps would not matter.  The issue with a coffee pot is that between that and the microwave, they draw a lot of amps and could blow a circuit.  Not a big deal, just need to reset the breaker.  That could have been your problem...it was already tripped.  You just have to be conscious of what all you are running in the trailer...at the same time.  So if the coffee pot was brewing, and you decided to nuke a cinammon roll, that could throw the breaker.

The coffeemaker was finished brewing but it was still on keeping the coffee hot.  As for the microwave oven the "start" button didn't work .  We could enter time for the clock but couldn't get it to set since the "start" key didn't do anything and this was the same for cooking.  Since the other buttons worked there must had been power to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom