First trip to mountains - need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I probably should have added that the route from Bozeman passes one of the rivers used in the movie "The River Runs Through It" but in the same context downtown Livingston was also used.  They paved the main street with dirt to do the job.  G

There are lots of spots around here that have been used in movies in addition to other attractions.

Oh, I am always up for movie locations.
Growing up in UK meant that the American Dream was just that -we could see it but could not touch it, so when we started our travels in the USA we really enjoy finding movie locations.
We spent a substantial amount of one trip finding and visiting locations from 'Vertigo'.
One of my biggest let downs was to forget to take route 43 from Bakersfield to Corcoran - just to drive on the road Cary Grant got off the bus and was buzzed by a crop sprayer.
Loved eating FGT in the Whistle Stop Cafe.
(sorry another thread hijack)

Big Sky territory-- those mountains are the only place we camp!  My 2 cents:  don't worry about freezing any lines.  In our Beartooth mountains, you may encounter a snow flurry in Sept, but it's nothing to be alarmed about --  give it 30 mins and it'll probably go back up to 75 degrees.

Really if you think about it, your water lines are either tucked up in the sub flooring insulation, or inside the living space completely, so you're good.

However, you may want re-think any Montana mountain camping trip that goes later into October!

Jim Godward said:
I probably should have added that the route from Bozeman passes one of the rivers used in the movie "The River Runs Through It" but in the same context downtown Livingston was also used.  They paved the main street with dirt to do the job.  G

There are lots of spots around here that have been used in movies in addition to other attractions.

Jim,
You are a wealth of movie information.  I have yet to see Jeff Bridges while I?m soaking at Chico Hot Springs and although we looked we didn?t find Arnold Schwarzenegger in Livingston. How about you?
Dave

Kamper Dave said:
Jim,
You are a wealth of movie information.  I have yet to see Jeff Bridges while I?m soaking at Chico Hot Springs and although we looked we didn?t find Arnold Schwarzenegger in Livingston. How about you?

Dave.

I have seen a few however many have been in my brother's restaurant and bar over the last 20 years and I know he counts a few as friends.  There are also a few that he would prefer never came back.  Something about demanding special treatment, being seated with no reservations when restaurant was full and other such antics.

As  to knowing a lot about the movie information, I only have a few locations I know.  I think somewhere in tourist literature there is a complete list.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

Most keep a fairly low profile.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom