Fiver Pin Boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joer

I'm looking for information and experience with various brand pin boxes.  I am trying to control the ride on our fiver and would appreciate any input.  Thanks joe

We have a Fifth Airborne Sidewinder Air Ride and are very satisfied with it. In the beginning, when I had some questions, they were very responsive and easy to deal with as a customer.  They make it with or without the Sidewinder attachment.

Thanks,  the experience of owners and users of products has proven to be much more valid than sales literature.  What is the weight of your fiver?

The GVWR on the  nameplate is 14400, when I weighed it fully loaded for camping it was around 11,500, the dry weight is listed at a little over 10,000. It is a toy hauler, but we wanted the extra room for other uses, not carrying heavy motorcycles or other toys. My target weight was to stay around 12000# on the camper to give me a little reserve and not max out my truck's capacity.

Thanks again--Our empty is around 8000, loaded 10200 max.  We often times tow a small atv trailer loaded with two atvs behind the fifth wheel.  Pulling the extra trailer presents some comfort problems when the road is rough and this is one of my main reasons for looking into different pin boxes.  I also like to keep max weight less than 12000.

TrailAir make a very good one also. My GVWR of the trailer is 13,995Lbs PIN 1980Lbs. Really changed the ride of both what is in the trailer and the ride of the TV, especially over rough roads.

Larry

Thanks Larry--I will  also look at the info on the Trail Air.  Was there any particular reason why you choose this brand??  Thanks again for the words.---joe

Had talked with folks that have tried both the trailair and 5th airborne. Everyone of them hands down, got rid of the 5th airborne and went back to the trailair. Was told that it did a much better job of eliminating chucking. I also know folks that still use the 5th airborne and swear by them, but I'm extremely happy with the trailair. Anything has got to be better than the rigid pin boxes they provide. I don't know about the 5th airborne, but the shock absorber and air bag used on the trailair are over-the-counter item at auto parts stores if you should need to replace them. Also, the air bags come in 3 different weight ratings - same price. I got the heaviest available so if I should happen to load up nose heavy, I can just add a bit more air to bring it back up level.

Larry

The information is helpful.  From what I have heard there is no doubt that an air pinbox will be purchased.  Just which one remains to be seen.  Perhaps price and availability in my area will be the deciding factor.  Once again thanks for the info.---joe

The air bag and shocks are also replaceable on the Fifth Airborne. As with any product, they all claim to be the best, you just have to decide what is right for you.

I have a Trailair and very happy with it. The Trailair people are great to work with. I got mine before Fifth Airborn came out. Either one will do the job.

To all who shared experience information thanks.  I have purchased an airborrne pinbox and it seens to work well.  Thanks again  Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom