Fleetwood & Bounder - Good or bad choice to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clark Griswold

I should know better than to ask this question but here goes.....

We're considering buying another RV and I'm looking at a Fleetwood Bounder / 2005 / M-34F / Workhorse because it appears to be a great price.  So, what do I need to know about Fleetwood & Bounder?  Good? .....bad?  What are the things to look out for?  What's the support like from them?  :eek:

Fleetwood has excellent factory service at Decatur, IN, if you care to go there. Bounders have been extremely popular for a number of years, so many of them around.

I have a 99 Bounder and have had some trouble with mine. BUT it being a 99 I would think I should be having some trouble with it. I talked to the guy that had bought it new in 99 and traded it in when I bought it and he said he had only minor things happen to it. He had been to every state and all over Canida in it. He had put 80000 miles on it. I did have to replace the transmission in it right after I got it. Also mine is a Ford with a gas burner in it.  If I was going to buy a new one today I would look at many different kinds but Bounder would be In the top few I would look at.

Bounder doesn't manufacture components, so much of what is in the rig is the same as is in other brands.  And will last as well and cost as much when it stops lasting.  IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT, and you like the layout and it seems like it will work for you, then it's a good deal.  And probably very similar to other units in that price range.

Wow another one?? Myself if I upgrade I am going to look at Beaver 1st. From what I have seen they are top quality but of course they are DP's. They are also pretty expensive which would cause me to be looking at 2000 or older. It also seems that people that have them take good care of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom