Flexible Sewer/Grey water Pipe Connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lone_star_dsl

The family and I did quite a bit of boondocking last year and we ventured further and further into the woods each time.  One thing that kept us out of a lot of places was the sewer pipe on the trailer. It is the only low hanging piece of hardware on our toy hauler and certainly the most likely to break when impacted.

With the mind of an amateur engineer, I think the solution would be to put a flexible coupling or a rotating coupling near where the sewer pipe drops out from the enclosed underbelly and another where the grey pipe drops out.

If both of these pieces are flexible, I would be able to lift the end of the pipe and secure it higher than the bottom of the trailer frame, then lower it back down when it's time to dump.

Has anyone ever done something like this or have any such flexible and/or rotating components that would be ideal?

Thanks

I too share your thoughts about the low hanging piping.... We have a Carbon31 with two dump points forward and aft of the axles. I am always concerned about snatching one off as I venture into the backwoods. I really makes no sense to have 2 foot clearance on the framing and only 12" clearance on plumbing. I too have thought about cutting the piping and reconfiguring, just have not took the Plunge to cut.

Gary31 said:
I too share your thoughts about the low hanging piping.... We have a Carbon31 with two dump points forward and aft of the axles. I am always concerned about snatching one off as I venture into the backwoods. I really makes no sense to have 2 foot clearance on the framing and only 12" clearance on plumbing. I too have thought about cutting the piping and reconfiguring, just have not took the Plunge to cut.

You have to think positive. Just make sure it breaks on the way out.  ;D :D ;)

You could cut off the pipe a few inches below the floor and attach standard sewer hose connections to the pipe.  It will make dumping more difficult due to the location of the connections, but will certainly raise the clearance.  You could fab a drain pipe and support straps under the camper to be installed on arrival at camp and attached with a short flex hose.

Back
Top Bottom