Florida based Cruises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

We're thinking, (actually I'm agreeing to DW's mandate), of taking a last minute cruise sometime after mid April.  Has anyone done this, I'm told that if you're there, and we are, last minute deals are quite attractive.  I'm also told that we can leave the RV in their locked compound.  Any comments would be appreciated

I believe last minute deals can be attractive if the cruise isn't fully booked. Leaving the RV in a locked lot might be possible but I think the location of the cruise would certainly come into play with my planning. We live in Titusville and probably would leave the coach at Port Canaveral if needed but I doubt I would leave it in Miami or Tampa. That's not to say it isn't safe but those are big cities and things can happen.

Cruises - one of my favourite subjects  ;D

From what we've been told, the days of last-minute deals (few days before departure) are long gone.

Since 9/11 cruise companies are required to report passenger details to the authorities several days (dont know exact number) before sailing, which makes last-minute stuff hard to offer.

On our last Transatlantic we booked 12 months in advance, paying $1500 each, and then simply kept an eye on prices for our cabin type. Every time there was a published lower price, we simply emailed Royal Caribbean and requested a refund of the difference.

In the end, we actually paid just $500 each for a 12 night cruise.

If allowed I can recommend a couple of websites for you to obtain some great deals:-

www.vacationstogo.com has some great deals.

www.cruisecompete.com allows you to enter a cruise you're interested in and several companies/agents will then email you their best price (dont worry, they dont all get your email address as that stays at cruisecompete).

and finally www.cruisecritic.com for things to do with cruises.

Have fun - wish I was there.

Paul
[edit]Activated links[/edit]

I second the opinion re. Vacationstogo.com.  I have booked several cruises through them, all without any problem whatsoever (and will probably book another in a month or two).  If you sign up for their weekly listings, you will be kept well informed of the pricing and availability of ALL cruises and cruislines - just pick the specific port of departure and itinerary you are interested in.  The website is very easy to navigate.  I have found their pricing very competitive and will usually match or beat any competitor's lowest price for the same cabin class

I believe HollandAmerica - and perhaps other cruiselines are offering FREE parking for MHs at some of the departure ports.  That's one hellava deal, when you think typical port parking for cars can be $12-15 per day and probably more if taking up additional spaces with a large vehicle. 

BT

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hofty
Back
Top Bottom