Florida Campgrounds or any other state that don't allow pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RV parks and resorts that allow no pets will very likely be putting themselves out of business because a lot of rvers take their pets with them and will very likely only patronize pet friendly parks and resorts. If I own and ran an rv park or rv resort, any bread of dogs as well as cats, will be allowed as long as the animal is well behaved, non-aggressive, and under the control of the owner at all times and the owner must clean up after their pet (including cleaning up its poop).

Last edited:
RV parks and resorts that allow no pets will very likely be putting themselves out of business because a lot of rvers take their pets with them and will very likely only patronize pet friendly parks and resorts. If I own and ran an rv park or rv resort, any bread of dogs as well as cats, will be allowed as long as the animal is well behaved, non-aggressive, and under the control of the owner at all times and the owner must clean up after their pet (including cleaning up its poop).
We stayed at a "no dogs" campground in NH last month. I think they've been around for 50+ years although not sure how long they have had the rule. That's not why we specifically chose it but it sure was nice not listening to yappy dogs in the morning, watching big dogs trying to assert their dominance on a walk, or watching where we stepped in the grass! I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!!

We are always looking for no pet parks. A few that used to allow pets no longer do because of inconsiderate pet owners. One we recently stayed at removed camper immediately if they did not follow camp rules. We have a indoor cat and have never been refused, even at no pet campgrounds. It's getting worse all the time with some campers arriving with 4 or 5 large dogs and think the rules don't apply to them. We are also finding parks with specific sites and sections of the parks set aside for pet owners. As these situations get worse, I suspect we will see more and more limitations on pets. BTW, the no pets parks were full when we were there. Chuck

It's getting worse all the time with some campers arriving with 4 or 5 large dogs and think the rules don't apply to them
I agree. No one can measure 6 feet either. Their leashes stretch and stretch, and they chuckle.

If you find any campgrounds, post the name or a link. I would appreciate it.

We are always looking for no pet parks. A few that used to allow pets no longer do because of inconsiderate pet owners. One we recently stayed at removed camper immediately if they did not follow camp rules. We have a indoor cat and have never been refused, even at no pet campgrounds. It's getting worse all the time with some campers arriving with 4 or 5 large dogs and think the rules don't apply to them. We are also finding parks with specific sites and sections of the parks set aside for pet owners. As these situations get worse, I suspect we will see more and more limitations on pets. BTW, the no pets parks were full when we were there. Chuck
The only thing about no pets rv parks is it keeps out and may discriminate against those who have a disability or a medical condition that impairs a major life activity and requires and uses a fully trained dog to perform tasks to accommodate and mitigate the disability or medical condition.

The only thing about no pets rv parks is it keeps out and may discriminate against those who have a disability or a medical condition that impairs a major life activity and requires and uses a fully trained dog to perform tasks to accommodate and mitigate the disability or medical condition.
No, federal and state law already makes exceptions for service animals.

Al the pet restricted campgrounds we have stayed in have exceptions for "service dogs". Comfort dogs need not apply. But we have never been refused because of our cat. Hmmmmmm. Chuck

You can use RVparky and tick off boxes in the 'FILTER" section. That's what I do, then I check the park website (if they have one) and usually play hide & seek looking for their policy on everything, including pets. If the dog isn't welcome, then I spend my money elsewhere.

I rarely have found the breeds that I think are aggressive banned. The nasty chihuahuas and miniscule poodles need to be banned. In my experience, they are far more aggressive than a pit bull which is almost always banned. Current park has an increasingly aggressive chihuahua. He has attacked my 40lb Galgo twice in the past month. The next time, I will be calling animal control. The dog belongs to the park owners and I have told them, yet he still runs loose. They need to get the little beast fixed. He's also getting nasty with people. And he's only about a year old now. I now carry my taser with me every time we walk our dog. Even during the day.

You can use RVparky and tick off boxes in the 'FILTER" section. That's what I do, then I check the park website (if they have one) and usually play hide & seek looking for their policy on everything, including pets. If the dog isn't welcome, then I spend my money elsewhere.

I rarely have found the breeds that I think are aggressive banned. The nasty chihuahuas and miniscule poodles need to be banned. In my experience, they are far more aggressive than a pit bull which is almost always banned. Current park has an increasingly aggressive chihuahua. He has attacked my 40lb Galgo twice in the past month. The next time, I will be calling animal control. The dog belongs to the park owners and I have told them, yet he still runs loose. They need to get the little beast fixed. He's also getting nasty with people. And he's only about a year old now. I now carry my taser with me every time we walk our dog. Even during the day.
Part of the reasoning on breed bans besides insurance company restrictions, is that you get bit by an angry chihuahua, you may need a band aid. You get bit by an angry pit bull, you're possibly going to the hospital. Both breeds are trainable if only the owners take responsibility and make the effort.

Last edited:

In many yrs of in-house customer service I have been bit only once…by a chihuahua! If it had been spit for example I probably would have been serious. I never heard of a chihuahua or mini poodle killing anyone..

The only way my Chihuahua would hurt is if you got caught on one her fangs during one of her yawns...lol
Going through the mud on a 3 mile hike

Attachments

• 20230902_165837.jpg
    20230902_165837.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230903_103559852.jpg
    IMG_20230903_103559852.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 2
The only way my Chihuahua would hurt is if you got caught on one her fangs during one of her yawns...lol
Going through the mud on a 3 mile hike
Funny!! Other than 14 yrs driving tractor/trailer I did in home service all my live. Only bit,nipped once!! A Chihuahua!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: SMR
Nope, registered service dogs are allowed anywhere the assisted owner goes, restaurants, hospitals, etc. They are very well trained and obey the owners commands. They are working dogs, yet some uninformed try to pet them.
I once met a disabled veteran with a pit bull service dog, which was very well-behaved and never left his owners side, but if you invaded their/his space he let you know.

As to the original question about a 55+ park with no dogs allowed; that ain't gonna happen. A dog is good company for old people and park owners know that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom