Florida Keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

We're planning to spend a couple of months in Florida this year including a month in Naples (Woodsmoke, highly recommended) and then on to some place in the lower half of the keys. Does anyone have any recommendations for RV Parks in that area you may have visited or stayed at? Possibilities to date include Sunshine and Lazy Lakes RV Resort. Others???
Thanks,
Ernie

We liked Sunshine Key Resort on Big Pine Key and the KOA on Sugarloaf Key (some sites are pretty small). I hear Blue Water Key RV Resort is very nice. We stayed at Boyd's just outside Key West several years ago and didn't like it, great for fishermen.

Can't speak from experience, but we'll be staying at Jolly Roger Travel Park in Marathon for a few days around Easter, thanks to the Passport America discount.  I believe they're the only one in the Keys to accept it. 

We liked Jolly Roger on Marathon but its still a good ways to Key west, and really not much on Marathon.

Two nice parks near Key West are Blue Water Key located at mile marker 15, and Boyd's, located at mile marker 5. Both are very nice parks, but Blue Water Key is the most luxurious.
Like most of the private RV resorts located in the Keys, both are somewhat pricey ($99 and $95 respectively). We preferred Boyd's simply because it was closer in to Key West.

If youare heading down Rt 75 towards the keys, take a day or two ond take the 20 miles down to Cedar Key.  Friends of ours are running the Low Key Hide-Away, only 5 RV spots, but amazing place.  Great hosts, beautiful place, and dolphins jumping right off the dock.  Tiki bar overlooking the Gulf.  Tell them hello for us.

Just got back from Boyd's 2 weeks ago. The sights are small and the air traffic from Key West Int. and NAS Key West can be a bit noise at times. We stopped and checked out Blue Water which is the most luxurious park I have seen in the keys. The other park that I really like is Big Pine Fish Lodge and Campground. They have no web site but it is very clean and the Key Deer rome the park.

We stayed at the KOA on Sugarloaf Key in August. It was very nice and being in August, was not at all crowded.

It's been a while, (April 09) but we stayed at the KOA on Sugarloaf Key and it was very nice....at the time not crowded at all. The only downside we saw was the trip to Key West from there...kind of a long drive at night on a Harley.

Back
Top Bottom