Florida Recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnnva

We are new to the RV world and want to spend our first extended trip this winter in Florida, we are open to any suggested location Central Florida and South, West or East Coast.  We have a 40' Tiffin, looking for a place with lots of activities, clean, Internet access and would like to keep the price under $1500/month during Jan-Feb and March.  We have research the subject, but are hoping to get some "first hand" help, we have stayed at a couple parks that have not lived up to their advertised hype.

Thanks,

Tom & Jane

Naples fla, neopolitan coach resort...I just cancelled month of march reservation there...

The Great Outdoors in Titusville.  Close to everything....beaches, Orlando, Kennedy Space Center, Golf.  Check out their website at tgoresort.com

edit:URL

My inlaws camp in Frostproof, Florida I can't remember the name but if you do a search I am sure you will find it.  They say it is very nice, actually they say it is beautiful.  I'm not sure of the price but I don't think it is 1500.00 per month but it isn't cheap I do know that.  If you are looking for beach this is not the place you want to be at it is inland close to Seabring.

Good Luck

Depending on the level of amenities you want, and the location, you can probably stay for under $500/month. The Great Outdoors in Titusville is palatial and you can probably do that for a bit under $1500.

What sort of things are you looking for, and do you mind if there is the occasional chilly day or freezing night? If you can tolerate that, you can get by quite inexpensively in north central Florida.

Thanks for the helpful responses; here is what we think we are seeking.

Larger park with lots of social activities, my wife is a jewelry artist and hopes to be able to sell her sparkly beauties at craft fairs these larger parks talk about.  So we are thinking more folks in the RV park that has a monthly rates in the $1500 range translates to more potential buyers with enough discretionary income.  Good wi-fi access or cell phone access is essential  I am a recruiter and can take my business on the road, also.  We have Verizon MIFI as a back-up to RV park wi-fi, but need good cell coverage as a minimum.  I have lived in Central FL and know it can become quite cold, but it doesent last, so a little cold is OK.  We have some friends in the Sarasota/Tampa area, so it would be nice to find a park in that location, but not essential.

Thanks,  Tom & Jane

Take a look at Sun and Fun in Sarasota.  It is a big park (1500 units) with lots of activities and amenities.  We will be there for February and March.  My wife is looking forward to taking a jewelry making class and there are dozens of other activities daily.
--jack

Back
Top Bottom