FLYING J/PILOT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's something I've noticed at some of the newer truck/car stations going up around here: there is one price for 'truck' diesel and another for 'car' diesel. Please help me to understand the difference! I hope we're not putting in the wrong kind of diesel in our DPMH.

Let me re-assure you that the diesel fuel is exactly the same. Ned explained the difference in pricing policy (cash vs credit price) and  Alfa38 mentioned the state taxes on commercial vehicle fuels in Arizona and Indiana.

Ned said:
When you use a credit card at the car pumps, you pay the same price as cash, in almost every case.  At the truck pumps, the credit price is generally several cents higher than the cash price unless you have something like the Flying J rewards card.  Since our Visa card gives us 5% cash back on fuel only if we use pay at the pump, we never use truck pumps any longer.

I  use their rewards RV card ( 3 cents off on diesel 1 cent on gas) I don't use their credit card. I pay with another card for other points. Flying J/Pilot always gives the cash price because of the RV card. I like the truck pumps as I fill faster and no limits. I am considering using my COSTCO AMEX card for more cash back.

I don't know if this will be all over but at the FJ in Post Falls, they will be giving the RV discount *ONLY* at the RV lane.  I suspect it will have small nozzles as that is required for the pickups.  The small nozzles are in the RV Lane at the FJ in Belgrade but we niver go there as they are usually $0.05 more than the local stations.

Recently, the wife and I drove from Socal to Missouri and back, in a big loop.  Most of the FlyingJ/Pilot stations only carried the yellow pump, BioDiesel.  I've heard that it may not be good for the truck, even though it says it can use up to 5% biodiesel.  In all cases the surrounding stations all carried the regular diesel, green pump. After a while I stopped even checking Flying J.

The newer Cummins motors are certified to safely run 5% Bio diesel.  Now how the performance stacks up I'm not sure.  But it won't hurt the motor to run it.

Don't use the color of the pump handle to determine what fuel it pumps.  Diesel nozzles can be green or yellow, or sometimes something else, check the label to be sure.

I don't know if this will be all over but at the FJ in Post Falls, they will be giving the RV discount *ONLY* at the RV lane.

All but two of the Pilot/FJ locations in MT are franchises run by Town Pump rather than PFJ corporate owned locations. They typically have different rules and may not even honor the discount at all. Belgrade and Hardin (Exit 495) are the only two "real" Pilot/FJs in Montana.

Jim Godward said:
I don't know if this will be all over but at the FJ in Post Falls, they will be giving the RV discount *ONLY* at the RV lane.  I suspect it will have small nozzles as that is required for the pickups.  The small nozzles are in the RV Lane at the FJ in Belgrade but we niver go there as they are usually $0.05 more than the local stations.

But they will give the discount and pump start at Post Falls FJ truck pumps with the FJ/Pilot/GoodSam credit card. Cash price less 4,6 or 8 cents depending on what your membership level is in Good Sam (STD, Deluxe, Lifetime). I'm not sure of Deluxe, but that is my discount so it may be tied to how many years you have been a member.

ken

Ken,

I had no problem yesterday at the truck pumps but was informed that when the RV lane was implemented, the discount would only apply if the RV Lanes was used.  It will be the "truck" lane closest to the building.

It will be interesting as to how it actually works.    :)

This is a card that many one truck owner operators use, and should work fine if one usually gets more than 50 gallons at a fill up.  This card gives you cash price plus a discount when fueling at the truck island.  They run a special for the first 90 days after you get the card you get up to 16 cents off per gallon.  In addition, if you get 50 gallons at the truck pumps, you get a free private shower, and many places also let you fill your cup with a drink or coffee for free.  Although it's meant for truck drivers, I've got friends that only have a DP RV and they use it as they can start the pump outside and fill their tank.  They only have to go inside to pick up their receipt, and some even print the receipt outside so they don't have to go in at all.  Once you get to the site, you can click on the number of stations and a list will come up where it is honored.

http://www.thefleetone.com/over-the-road/

Back
Top Bottom