FMCA Rally - Indio CA - Jan 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll go. Mexican ???

Addendum

We have to be back before 7PM for the evening activities. If that works, OK.

We will be in Indio Saturday and done with our business stuff mid-morning.  We will be staying at Shadow Hills RV Resort on Jefferson leaving for Lake Havasu Sunday morning.  What do we need to do to get the Rally on Saturday as a walk-in?  We cancelled our FMCA reservation due to business calls.  Would like to meet up with framily on Saturday if possible. 

Sue D

Sue

You and Tim can come in for all day Saturday on a Day Pass, $7 each. You need to come in Gate 2 (1st gate south of Rte. 111 on your left) and enter thru the Commerce Bldg (#9). If you go straight thru the building and turn right when you come out, you'll have the Shalimar OTB/restaurant on your right and the Taj Mahal vendor building straight ahead. Walk straight toward the Taj Mahal and we are parked on the last row, couple of coaches to your left.

Or you can call us on our cell phone and we'll meet up.

Unless we get side-tracked (which has been known to happen) we'll call you when we are coming through the gate.  Since I don't have my FMCA info anymore what exit do we take off I10 to get to the fairgrounds?

Sue

Sue

Turn right on Monroe, south to Dr. Carreon (1 block south of Rte. 111), left to Arabia, right 1/2 block to holding area entry on left.

Wendy & I had a good time at the Rally and we enjoyed the Happy Hours we had with Framily & other new friends we met.
I  have a question anyone know who it was the left the area we were parked & ended up leaving many yards of tire rubber on the parking lot & on Arabian.
My guess is their toad had the Parking Brake on when they pulled away or it was in gear.
Mike

Mike:

That's another benefit of diesels, you don't even notice that anything is wrong until you see the smoke. ;D

MikeCoke said:
I  have a question anyone know who it was the left the area we were parked & ended up leaving many yards of tire rubber on the parking lot & on Arabian.
My guess is their toad had the Parking Brake on when they pulled away or it was in gear.
Mike

No, I was distracted when hooking up and forgot to disconnect the drive shaft and release the steering lock :-\ Luckily, we stopped before any really bad damage was done.  :'(

When do I get my HFWPOH award ??? ::) ::)

LOL Bernie, at least you realized it. A few years ago we were 50 miles out of Salt Lake when I asked Chris to pull over; I couldn't recall letting off the parking brake on the Suburban. Sure enough, I hadn't. The next Chevy dealer installed new parking brake linings.

We'll give you the HFWPOH award at Qtz. I saw you start to pull away and heard a horrible screeching sound but saw that you were pulling over so I didn't have to run down Arabian chasing you. And you notice that we didn't rat you out :)

Wendy
Salton Sea SRA

Don't feel bad, Bernie.  At one Quartzsite gathering I set the toad up to travel (it's a pink job in our family).  We then proceeded to pull out in front of God and everyone else in attendance at the rally, dragging the toad in the dirt.  I forget exactly what I forgot to do, but luckily everyone got us stopped in time to prevent damage.  (Except to my pride!)

Margi

The resultant flat spot on Bernie's tires might produce some interesting noises of their own  ;D

Thank God for those Pressure Pro sensors on the toad, huh?  They probably saved the day!  ;D ;D

Tom said:
The resultant flat spot on Bernie's tires might produce some interesting noises of their own  ;D

So far so good. The flat spots are very quiet and the tranny is shifting OK.

Back
Top Bottom