FMCA Rally, Redmond Oregon August 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy said:
Got our packet last week and we're scheduled to go in Monday morning, 8/11. We'll be south in La Pine at Mom's for a week or so before that. At least, that's the plan.

Wendy

Wendy,

Did you know that forum member warsw is the owner of an RV park in LaPine. We are hoping to stay there before going to Redmond.

Stan

parttymer said:
Wendy,

Did you know that forum member warsw is the owner of an RV park in LaPine. We are hoping to stay there before going to Redmond.

Stan

Didn't know that. Which RV park ? We always stay at Mom's - Free :)

There is also an RV Park in Metolious, OR.  We stayed there several years ago.  It is a basic park with few amenities.  The people that own the park are very nice and allowed us to use their dump after the rally at no charge.  Mt View RV Park  is about 20 or 30  miles from the fair grounds.  We plan on staying there to fill up and empty before the rally.  The only down side to this park is that is is right next to the rail road tracks and the trains ran once or twice a night while we were there.  But it is an okay place for a quick overnight. 

.The  mail box is  gone, missing, vanished!  Post there, mailbox no where in sight!  Who steals a mailbox?

That is funny.  Thanks for the chuckle.  Actually, I'll bet that happens a lot in snow country.

ArdraF

Liza said:
We got our packet too and we move in on August 12.  It sounds like, from talking with FMCA that all the general electrical might be moving in on the 12th.  Anybody got any suggestions where we could meet to go in together?

Our packet just caught up to us. 8/12  PM is our move in time.
We had planned on going into the holding area on the 10th, but if it is in the 90's and we can't get in until the 12th to get power we may have to reconsider. We'll wait to see what the weather is.
Anyway we can all meet in the holding area. Anybody have General/electric with a date other than the 12th?

Betty wrote:  The  mail box is  gone, missing, vanished!  Post there, mailbox no where in sight!  Who steals a mailbox?

Daisy wrote:  Kids with baseball bats.  Normal occurrence in Maine a few years back.    ;)

Daisy, when we lived on Vashon Island in WA state, we lost a mailbox to a baseball bat about every other month.  More often in nice weather!

Doesn't FMCA usually park caravans earlier if everyone is present and ready?  It seems to me we've gone in a day early in days past.  I suppose it also might depend on how busy the parkers are at any given time.

ArdraF

OK, revised plan for those arriving 8/11 (or before) for parking in the regular electric section.

It appears that most of us will arrive sometime before noon on August 11. We will meet in the holding area. Once we are all present we'll inform the parking crew that we are ready. I will give out windshield Tags for "RV FORUM ? of 5" (right now I count 5, but if more show that's great). Note: Terry is normally the leader, but he opted out for this rally so I am the substitute. I should be at the holding area early and will try to pick a visible spot so those arriving will see our coach.

Some of us actually have 8/12 arrival tags from FMCA, but in the past they have always just park rigs as they arrive -- so I am assuming we will get parked on the 11th.

Those parking elsewhere (handicap etc), please post your parking location. We will post where the group is parked.

See you all in Redmond.

ken

Ken,

We are arriving on the 10th and will be parked in the volunteer area. We'll look for updates on where everyone is located, and when and where the happy hours will be!

Stan & Becky

P.S. Thanks for your own volunteership! (is there such a word? who cares...lol)

We are volunteers and have full hookup parking.  I have received a sticker for E15, whatever that means, and will be arriving on the 10th.  We are tram volunteers but don't know our schedule yet. 

Dave,

When are you leaving?  We are not sure but are  probably leaving for Portland either 9th or 10th do so we will be a few days behind you.  We couldn't schedule and make the rally work much as I wanted to make it.  Enjoy.

Jim,

We are heading out the 9th. Going up to Spokane and then down on the way and maybe back this way via a southern route. Don't know for sure how far we will go on the 9th. We will see what kind of driving mood I'm in I guess. Have to be there on the 10th though.

Ken:
Count us in for parking on the 11th.  We are meeting up with Betty, Terry, Barb and Frank on the 10th.
See you then!
Liza

ArdraF said:
Liza, based on what was said earlier, we'll "probably" meet in the FMCA holding area - subject to change.

Here's who I have attending and when they expect to ARRIVE.  Are any other people from the RV Forum attending?  It looks like most of us will be in the electric area.

Brewers, Terry & Betty ? August 11
Dane, Bill (llib enad) & Raymonda -
Downs, Ray & Liza ? August 12
Falchini, Steve & Dee ? August 12
FitzGerald, Jerry & Ardra ? August 10
Kuch, Ken & Sheila ? August 10
Lawrence, Mike & Wendy ? August 11
Miller, Dave (dcmiller) & Sharon ? August 10
Weimert, Frank & Barb -
?, Stan (parttymer) & Becky ? August 10

Ardra - Simpson/Glover

Brewers, Downs, Weimerts will arrive in holding  area on August 11, hoping to be parked together that day! Along with Kuchs and Fitzgerald's.

The FitzGeralds will arrive on Monday August 11th before noon for sure.  We will be coming from Eugene, OR.

JerryF

Back
Top Bottom