FMCA Summer 2016 Convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    Kim, PM Rene T, that is his home territory, he lives around an hour away from Portland.  One of my hidden treasures is near Freeport ME, about 20 miles north of Portland, it is a real shifting sand desert, here is a link from Good Sam:  http://www.woodalls.com/Campground/campgrounddetails.aspx?cgid=830001635  But the whole coast from Seabrook MA all the way up to Brunswick is dotted with a lot of campgrounds.  When the kids were young, we often would stay at Bayley's near Old Orchard Beach:  http://www.woodalls.com/Campground/campgrounddetails.aspx?cgid=721004347

Ed

Bayleys in Scarborough is a big campground and Richard Sharp stayed there this spring, so he could give more first hand knowledge.  It's near marshes, so can't vouch for the mosquitoes in August.  Wassumpski Springs CG is much smaller with a man-made lake, on the Scarborough/Westbrook/ Portland lines.  Just can't remember which town it's in.  Can Google for details.  There are
also some in Wells, much further south from Portland, but easy enough to get to on the turnpike.  I-95 in NH and ME ARE tolls, so be prepared.  There are also some CG on the other side of Portland as Ed pointed out.  We've only stayed at Wassumpski Springs for a summer because it was the closest one to familiy.  We actually lived west of Portland at one time and are there again, but now only about 4 miles from Wassumski Springs.  There are not many up that way that can accommodate many big rigs.  You really need to get your reservations in now or as soon as possible, because the good ones go quickly, because of the lack of them. 

Daisy

Daisy said:
Bayleys in Scarborough is a big campground and Richard Sharp stayed there this spring, so he could give more first hand knowledge.

No mosquitoes when we were there. It was conveniently located to Fred and Daisy's home when we arrived. They move as soon as we got there (I think they may have been trying to get away from us  :) ) and not too bad of a location to their new home. There is lots to do in the area.

R

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom