Foamy watter question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisrice

When my water pump is on, I've notice that the water coming from my bathroom sink is 'foamy'. When I wash my hands it looks like they're covered in foam. When I scoop up some water the foam immediatly disapears (seems to be just air).

I'm wondering if the foam means anything? Perhaps air getting into the water pump? Is it normal?

Thanks!

Chris

Your pump is pulling air into the line along with the water from the tank. Check your connections on the inlet side of the pump. If there is a filter immediately on the inlet side check the filter housing to make sure air isn't getting in there.

Woody

Sounds like air in the water to me.  Check all your connections to see if you can find where the air is getting in the system.  If all is tight check the water pump you may have a problem which is allowing air enter through the pump.  If this is a problem that you have only seen recently in one camp ground the CG could be having a problem with air in the system.  But it is not normal.

Just one caveat to what the others have said: it can sometimes take a long time to flush out air that is trapped in the water lines. Before deciding something is leaking air, run the water wide open for 10 minutes and see if it clears up.

If your pump is sucking air as well as water (can only happen on the intake from the tank to the pump), you should be getting air in all faucets, not just one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom