Food Combinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragginourbedaround

I read on another thread that one member liked sliced hard boiled eggs on pizza. Not something that appeals to me, but since I believe you shouldn't knock something until you've tried it I'll give it a shot one day. That got me to thinking what other tasty combinations are out there. For breakfast I like this sandwich combination: English muffin, fried or scrambled egg with or without cheese, bacon (or fried spam) and peanut butter. My kids laughed at me when they saw me eating this, but now like it as much as I do. Anybody else have food combinations they are willing to share?

Or there's a quick substitute for Eggs Benedict that I call Eggs Larry:

One biscuit sliced in half, one (or two) slices of cheese (American or cheddar), thin sliced deli ham, two eggs, mayo or Miracle Whip (partially replaces Hollandaise sauce).
[list type=decimal]
[*]Place the two biscuit halves face up on a plate, spread with mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to taste, place one (or two) slices of cheese on each half, pile ham on top to the thickness desired.

[*]Fry two eggs (sunnyside up, over easy or poached).

[*]While eggs are frying, warm the biscuit stacks in microwave 'til cheese is softened a bit and biscuit is warm (typically 18-25 seconds for mine). Place one egg on each biscuit stack.

[*]Enjoy.

[/list]

My sister and I both ate peanut butter and mustard sandwiches.

Jerry's grandfather used to drive restaurant servers crazy by putting pepper on vanilla ice cream.  I tried it and actually like it too.  The pepper doesn't taste peppery at all but more nutty.  Amazing stuff!

Mother didn't like milk so she put water on her cereal which I thought was yucky.  My sister also didn't like milk and she used orange juice instead.  It's surprisingly good on cereal like All Bran, although I still prefer milk on mine.

ArdraF

I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Also peanut butter and tomato sandwiches.
I'll have to try peanut butter and mustard and pepper on ice cream ha ha.
I have a friend that doesn't like milk and he uses water or orange juice for cereal. I tried it, not for me.
I've had plain mayo sandwiches, but never with peanut butter.

Peanut butter and DILL pickle sandwiches.

French fries dipped in mustard.

Salt on pineapple - something you do in the fields but most people think it's nuts. Try it (BTW fresh pineapple is on sale for $1 each at Kroger stores !)

Lindt makes a really good dark chocolate laced with a healthy dose of chilli peppers. I understand that the Aztecs ate their chocolate that way. It is surprisingly very good. I've gotten hooked on it.

Joel

Hot pepper sandwiches. Fry up some "long hot" peppers in olive oil and garlic - just until tender - lay a few on a piece of nice Italian bread and enjoy! The amateurs can sneak a piece of cheese in there to cut down on the heat if they need to.  8)

My youngest is fond of ketchup sandwiches - preferably using a hot dog bun.

My mom put peanut butter and banana sammiches in my lunch, took a pint of milk to get them down. ;D A tomato cheese and onion sandwich is good but please don't give me Spam, Klik, Prem anything. Ate far too much of that dog food as a kid. :mad:

When I was in the service, 2 slices of toast covered with mayo, bacon and fried egg for breakfast.  For late night after duty, a hamburger bun, toasted, ketchup & mustard, fried slice of bologna about 1/2" thick or more, topped with a fried egg all washed down with a German, French or Dutch beer.

The best was when the Colonel brought hot chocolate, coffee and pastries about 1 or 2 am while we were doing radar bomb scoring.

Larry N. said:
Peanut butter and mayo, or Miracle Whip, is outstanding. Some folks like bananas with their peanut butter.
I have always liked the combination of all these ingredients.

glen54737 said:
Try pepper on sweet corn.

You mean there are people who don't put pepper on their corn ? Strange.....

Old Bay is also yummy on corn, as is chili powder or taco seasoning.

Wendy said:
You mean there are people who don't put pepper on their corn ? Strange.....
Old Bay is also yummy on corn, as is chili powder or taco seasoning.
GOOD sweet corn doesn't require all those seasonings. ;) :D :eek: ??? ;D

Back
Top Bottom