Ford 2020-2021 F53 Stripped Chassis Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NY_Dutch

September 30, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V731000
Rear Stabilizer Bar Brackets May Break

Brackets that separate from the vehicle can create a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V731000

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components SUSPENSION

Potential Number of Units Affected 26,910

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020-2021 F-53 recreational stripped chassis vehicles. The rear stabilizer bar attachment brackets may break and separate from the vehicle.

Remedy
Dealers will inspect the bolt tightness for both rear stabilizer attachment brackets and replace the weld nuts and bolts, as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed October 10, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 22S62.

September 30, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V731000
Rear Stabilizer Bar Brackets May Break

Brackets that separate from the vehicle can create a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V731000

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components SUSPENSION

Potential Number of Units Affected 26,910

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020-2021 F-53 recreational stripped chassis vehicles. The rear stabilizer bar attachment brackets may break and separate from the vehicle.

Remedy
Dealers will inspect the bolt tightness for both rear stabilizer attachment brackets and replace the weld nuts and bolts, as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed October 10, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 22S62.

Thanks, I just checked here and my 2022 (2021 F53) is recalled, but:

"RECALL STATUS:
Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available"

But when I use your link, my VIN (copy and paste of same vin of same motorhome) it comes back as:

"0 result(s) found; No results for ID"

-Don- Auburn, CA

Last edited:
Around that time I had my 1995 F53 motorhome in for warranty service on a botched hydraulic jack installation at Camping World in Los Angeles. The Camping World tech who installed the jacks routed a hydraulic line too close to the exhaust pipe and it melted through.

I was in the waiting room and the service advisor came in with a piece of the rear sway bar bushing. He said both bushings needed to be immediately replaced at a cost of several hundred dollars because they were rotting away and they were the only thing holding the rear axle in place.

We went out to look at the motorhome, which was up on the lift. I saw the knife marks on the remaining part of the bushing and caught onto the scam. I casually asked him about those two large leaf springs, weren't they what were holding the axle in place? He got a disgusted look on his face and walked away muttering to himself.

As a side note, the repaired hydraulic line again melted through while I was on a trip to the midwest. I took it to the HWH factory and after they looked at it asked if it was a Camping World installation,. I said it was. They apologized and fixed it again at no charge even though by that time it was technically out of warranty. This time the repair held.

Today, I received the recall notice from Ford for my "2021 Motorhome Chassis". Dated as "October 2022".

The main parts of this letter:

Issue: "On your vehicle, the rear stabilizer bar attachment bracket(s) may break and separate from the vehicle during usage."

"Parts are anticipated to be available first quarter of 2023."

"When parts are available, Ford Motor Company will send a letter to inform you that the parts are available and to contact your dealer to schedule a repair. Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving your vehicle under this safety recall."

-Don- Reno, NV

I read last week; after his stabilizer bar brackets broke a man bought aftermarket bar attachment brackets and them installed himself. He said they are much heavier than the OEM brackets.

So much for recalls; I'm still waiting on my Takada air bags to be replaced, now long has it been, 10 years? GM keeps mailing me every year saying not yet available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom