Ford V10 towing capabilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree on the abilities of the v10 -Been across the rockies, east, west, north, south, towing a 4k lb. car - never had a problem; slow down a bit, it's a very capable engine.

I really like our V10 engine and can keep up just fine towing a 3,700 lb Kia. I have been in the mountains and no big problem with running through. Sometimes a truck will be in the way and people are passing and you have to slow down and that will kill your ability to get back up to speed until you go downhill.

When I first bought my 32' Fleetwood Tioga, I headed west from Ohio to California. I did not tow, but through Wisconsin, up to Minnesota to visit relatives, and through Nebraska and uphill through all of Wyoming, the temps were 95 -100 degrees. I was convinced that my temperature gage was broken because it never moved past the exact middle of the gage! Overheated cars littered the shoulders of I-80 the entire way, but my V-10 Superduty Ford chassis just kept going. It was amazing, and obviously, my temperature gage was fine--just a good engine and terrific cooling system.

It can be a noisy engine, but it just turned over 154,000 miles, and I plan on putting another 150k on it before I quit.

My V10 Class A is 37' towing a Jeep. I have the same experience with my temp gauge as Judy. Never goes above a certain spot. I got a bluetooth adaptor and Torque Pro on my tablet so I could see the actual temp in numbers. Never goes above 210, even on Wolf Creek Pass, or climbing out of Death Valley toward Panamint Springs.
Only cooling system problem I've ever had was an oil cooler failure filling the cooling system with engine oil. There was a recall for this, and judging by the date code on the cooler, it was a replacement that failed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom