Foretravel anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have an experience to offer?  We have had a little bit of everything.  The largest being a Monaco Dynasty and the smallest being a Pleasureway.  We currently have an Itasca and while we love the maneuverability, it is just too small to use for anything other than transportation to and from our business location...which just happens to be 1800 miles away and we have proper accommodations there. 

Recently saw a Foretravel Realm and it looked so much more reasonable that a Newell or Prevost, but still with a lot of amenities. 

Had never heard of it before though.  Curious as to anyone's experience. 

The Realm is a new model from Foretravel.  It is on a Spartan chassis which is one of the reasons they are quite a bit less expensive than other Foretravel models.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a Spartan chassis but it isn't the typical foundation for a Foretravel.

Foretravels are great coaches.  It is on my wife and I's short list for our next coach but that is definitely closer to retirement.  Until then our Dynasty will have to do.

Mike.

Thanks for pointing that out.  We loved our Dynasty, but got to a point we were just using it to transport the family from Oklahoma to Maine in the summer, and after we were down to one daughter, we scaled WAY down to a PleasureWay.  That nearly led to divorce :) so we bumped back up to a Navion Itasca which we love, but again, we have to have attorneys on retainer!  The problem is, it's still just transportation for the most part from OK to Maine.  We don't live aboard we just want to be comfy on the way.  The dream coach is a Newell, made just down the road from us, but it's out of sight $$$$.  I keep thinking if we get the right coach we will use it more, but right now it's 4 round trips OK-Maine per year.  I'm getting ready to start doing at least two of them by myself out of necessity....and while I was always very comfortable behind the wheel of the Dynasty but I was never by myself, unless husband asleep while I drive counts. 

Our first motor home was a 1981 Foretravel we bought in 2006. It was on a Dodge Chassis with a 440 V-8 and a huge Holly 4-barrel carburetor. I was a great coach for a couple of years until was stored it at the repair shop instead of our back yard. We parked next to a considerably newer one once at surprisingly, the owner of the 2 year old unit, didn't want to trade. :)

roadtripper1951 said:
Thanks for pointing that out.  We loved our Dynasty, but got to a point we were just using it to transport the family from Oklahoma to Maine in the summer, and after we were down to one daughter, we scaled WAY down to a PleasureWay.  That nearly led to divorce :) so we bumped back up to a Navion Itasca which we love, but again, we have to have attorneys on retainer!  The problem is, it's still just transportation for the most part from OK to Maine.  We don't live aboard we just want to be comfy on the way.  The dream coach is a Newell, made just down the road from us, but it's out of sight $$$$.  I keep thinking if we get the right coach we will use it more, but right now it's 4 round trips OK-Maine per year.  I'm getting ready to start doing at least two of them by myself out of necessity....and while I was always very comfortable behind the wheel of the Dynasty but I was never by myself, unless husband asleep while I drive counts.
If the dream coach is a Newell look hear for an affordable one.
http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/newell_coach/2006--newell--45--C1832
Yes you can travel in style.
Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom