Former tent/popup campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I just moved up from tenting and popping-up to a 30' Keystone Outback w/ bunkhouse. We had tented, including primitive camping, for 28 years. The last 5 years we borrowed, rented, and then owned a Rockwood pop-up.

The boys (12 & 20)and I have been camping at a private campground since mid-June. We were sweltering the the heat. Here in Michigan the heat index has been in the 100's. Thought we'd have to wait till next year to get the trailer but we got a good deal on a used 2010 and also a good trade-in on the pop-up. We are enjoying the A/C!!

Trying to get organized. it's amazing how much storage space there is without needing to use the van for storage.

Hoping to get as much support and information here as I've gotten in the past on pop-up forums,
Monica

Outback makes a terrific camper.  Watch your weight capacities on your bunks.  We had a Jayco and wound up reinforcing them with an additional piece of trim screwed in around the bottoms.  Please, please, please make sure you have a surge protector for the whole unit.  Your sweltering summers also are the sponsors of some "smoking" lightning!  Don't trust the panel box at the pole or the breakers in your unit. 

Thanks for the heads up on reinforcing the bunk. DS20 (about 200 lbs) is currently sleeping on the upper bunk. The airbed kept deflating on him and he had a sore back from the first night. I got the airbed to work correctly but he doesn't want to bother with making up the couch bed every night.

We did install a surge protector at the post. No lightening yet this summer, although we do have a thunderstorm threatening right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom