Fort Myers, FL Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNextBillGates

Hi!

Price not being an issue (my company paying for it!), what resort would you guys stay in around the Fort Myers area? I've googled, and came up with either Cypress Woods or Gulf Air. I'm going to check out the KOA, too, just to see.

Thoughts?

If price is no option then River Bend is the best http://www.riverbendflorida.com/
Cypress Woods is OK

Just drove out there. Very nice! not much around it, though. Cypress Woods is more centrally located. I also ran by Gulf Waters which was pretty nice.

Flying back to VT to get the wife and rig and head down here. Will probably book tomorrow. Any other ideas?

We used to stay at the Tamiami RV Park in N. Ft. Myers, across from the Shell Factory.  Nothing fancy, but it was acceptable.

Gulf Waters RV Resort, near Fort Myers Beach, FL.  It's close to Sanibel Island/Captiva, a lot of shopping, the Gulf of MX. It is probably our favorite.  We have stayed at Riverbend (which is beautiful, but out in the boondocks;), Tamiami RV is an old park, it's connected to many phases of mobile homes, across from the Shell Factory in N. Ft. Myers, but definitely not a favorite of ours;

Would also recommend Gulf Waters for an extended stay but be sure to check their restrictions first. I can't stay there anymore because my dog weighs over 60 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom