Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vietnam Vets don't forget to apply for your Agent Orange benefits. Go to your local VA office in your town or city to apply. Lots of info on line also.

Scott S.  :)  U.S. Navy 1967-1971 USS Thomaston LSD-28

God Bless Our Troops: Active; Inactive and may the memories of the deceased Veterans remain forever! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
Ed Boland E Company 123rd Maintenance BTN. Ist Armored Division. Illesheim, Germany 1971-1974 Sp/4th Class.

USN 24 years.  Electronics Technician Master Chief (Submarines)

83 - 87 US Navy Ceremonial Guard Washington DC
87 - 92 SSN 690 USS Philadelphia, Groton CT.  Desert Shield/Desert Storm
92 - 95 Fleet Training Center, Norfolk VA
95 - 00 SSN 764 USS Boise, Norfolk VA.  Bosnian conflict
00 - 03 Submarine Squadron 22, La Maddalenna Italy,  Operation Iraqi Freedom/Global War on Terroism (2nd Gulf War)
03 - 07 Submarine Traning Facility, Norfolk Va.

Served with 1st infantry 2/28 Black lions, Lai Khe was our base camp when we weren't out on Search & destroy missions. Served the full year of 1966. Thanks for all the brave men and women who was willing to put their lives on the line for this great country. God Bless you.

24 years Navy half active, half reserve.
USS Sumter LST 1181, SBU 24, PhibCB 2, USS Rentz FFG 46, USS Stephen W Groves FFG 29, MCM Crew Fearless in USS Chief MCM 14 (in Texas) Uss Ardent MCM 12 (in Bharain).

See the attachment for restaurants providing a free meal today to our Veterans.

Attachments

• List.jpg
    List.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 24
USN Submarine Service
Quillback SS-424 (a WW II era sub fondly called a Pigboat) and, no, they don't let you chose
Interior communications as IC2 (SS) which is E-5
'65 - '69

My first dive on Quillback, coming out of drydock, went straight down, except for the time we were on our side... going straight down. And then, we did the same thing six more times while trying to find the problem. Seems the Captain thought the qualified guys (1/3 of us were not) could think better while standing on their heads. We survived, and I grew up a whole bunch that day. A few short years later it dawned on me that I was one of the most qualified guys on that sub. I grew up a Whole Bunch that day too.

WOW! Thanks to all the veterans and spouses and children. I grew up in a USAF family. Dad did 31 yrs, WWII, Korea and VietNam. He actually went in as Army Air Corp. I went thru Officers training (USAF), served four years, married a wonderful guy while on active duty, he served (USAF) 1966-1993, enlisted/officer....been married 30 yrs..met the right guy!
No matter where we go, if we meet a military retiree/veteran, its almost an instant connection.
Safe travels and thank you, again, for your years of service.
Andi

USN 1974 - 1995
USS Simon Lake AS-33
USS Canopus AS-34
Navy Astronautics Group Det Bravo, Rosemount, MN
USS LY Spear AS-36
Submarine Force Atlantic, Norfolk, VA
USS Ranger CV-61
Atlantic Intelligence Command, Norfolk VA
PSA, Bangor WA
First 10 years enlisted. Last 10 year commissioned.
Great Ride

I just found this thread.

Chief Warrant Officer (CW2) Flew H Model Hueys for two tours when I was a kid of 19.  I was with the 7th Armored Squadron of the 1st Cav in the Delta.  I do have lots of stories and they get better every time I tell them.  Oh yes almost forgot RA 68025253 I think...lol.

Hueypilotvm,

Thanks for your service!!! Sounds like you would make a great story teller around a campfire. Hope we run into each other someday! :)

Not only should we welcome vets to join in but all of us need to say "thank you for your service to our Nation"!  As camping weather approaches here in the north east I would like to take this opportunity to invite all you veterans to enjoy our annual airshow in Geneseo, NY.  We hold an annual airshow of restored vintage aircraft in mid-July.  I am in charge of rv camping on the grounds during the airshow. Our forte is aircraft from WWII and WWI.  We generally have more than ten-thousand admissions to the show which, this year will be held July 13th and 14th.  You will enjoy two full days of continual action in the sky over the Genesee Valley.  Veterans from all branches of service are more than welcome and are called up as a group to be honored.  Vets and civilians alike will have a good time.  Reenactors will be bivouacked on the grounds and there are plenty of food vendors as well as military souvenir vendors on the grounds.  Campers are limited to self-contained rvs. No tenting. For more information go to: www.1941hag.org.  I think you will enjoy seeing the progress being made on restoring our old warbirds.  The hangars are open for tours every weekend as well as the 40's museum.  We have been listed as being among the best ten airshows in the Country.  Our warbirds are available for close up inspection on the grounds during the airshow and the pilots love to talk about their 'babies'.  God bless you all and hope to see you at the show this year.

Back
Top Bottom