Free Castor Adjustment Shims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I was going thru the maintenance records that were in the replacement RV that I got a few weeks ago.

I found that the previous owner, a physician, had installed the castor shims that improve the steering on a E-450 chassis during a front end alignment. This increased the positive castor from 3 degrees to 5.

When I drove the new one from Phoenix to Q. I thought it steered better that my old one.

These parts were one of the five modifications that were to go on the old RV but now are for the new one.

Since they have already been installed and I do not like returning things, only giving things away.

The two of them were about $100 but I am not interested in selling them, so they are free, just do something nice for somebody else.

Installation is not to complicated.

You remove the cotter pin and the castellated nut, remove the old factory shim and install the new ones with the vertical line to the rear. This moves the top towards the rear and pushes the tire another 2 degrees forward.

You can watch an installation video on Utube and here are a couple of pictures.

I will bring them to Q in a few weeks.

I also discovered that much of the give away stuff for Q, was in the back of the Jeep and did not burn up.

Attachments

• 20231113_180705.jpg
    20231113_180705.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231113_180727 - Copy.jpg
    20231113_180727 - Copy.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Wow, very nice... I could pay for shipping? Otherwise I'll be in Q in mid Feb.
BTW: Just read about your fire, so sorry to hear about the loss, glad your puppies got out ok.

Last edited:
You got it.

You will pass thru Lake Havasu City on your way to Quartzsite from Canada.

Just let me know when and I will plan meet with you either here or Q.

Awesome, actually will be passing through northbound, slowly returning home from Mexico. Mexican roads showed me how much suspension improvements I am going to need to make!
Very nice of you and we will remember to "pay it forward"...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom