fresh water dump valve on 2004 journey 36G leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogvetia

I did a search and could only find info on a 40FD.  My fresh water tank dump valve which I think is a blade valve located on the front of the tank behind a elbow is leaking slowly.  Has anyone acessed this to lubricate (vasaline) the valve?  I don't think I can get a finger that far up the elbow to touch the valve seat.  Hopefully one does not have to remove the tank to acess the valve.  thanks.  I see the winne plumbing diagram but does not show the valve itself nor how to get to it.  tom

My o3 was leaking, I glued a female adapter with slip joint and threads and screwed a plug in it.  I will have to remove the plug in freezing weather. Works for me.

I just found out the hard way that I have the same issue on an 04 39K and found this helpful post after using a few different search terms

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=50184.0

Regards

Simon

Never ever use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on o-rings or other rubber parts, it will eventually destroy the rubber.  Use pure silicon grease - swimming pool shops sell it in a tube, or you can probably find it on-line.

Tom, on my '04 Meridian (which is probably the same as your Journey) the fresh water tank has an access panel on the bottom front of the tank that will allow access to the shut-off valve. Mine was leaking and was caused by a loose connection at the valve. IF the valve is not accessable through the panel, you can remove the bottom of the tank enclosure to access the entire area (ensure the tank is empty first)  :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom